MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 05-18-2005   #1
sleepydsm
Kevin

Send a message via AIM to sleepydsm
Logger Connection on Car

I finally got my logger software onto my Palm. With the logger hooked to the car, it displays no info. When I select "go" to log, it shoots an error screen that says "cant log, check connection." I know the Hotsync cable is good, and the other cord is connected to the diagnostic port. There is a small red wire with a spade coming out of the connector that is stuck in an empty fuse slot. Could it be in the wrong slot? I checked the fuses while I was lookin' around, and none were blown.
sleepydsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005   #2
sleepydsm
Kevin

Re: Logger Connection on Car

Anyone?
Old 05-19-2005   #3
Onefast99gsx

What Palm Software are you using. Is it pocket logger? Also, 1g or 2g? Also, what is your cable? I have laying around a pocket logger that i don't use anymore due to dsmlink but i've tried using other off brand software with the pocketlogger cable and it didn't work. The software had to be specific to the cable. Multiplex engineering sells logger cable OBD-II interfaces for like $85 but you have to know up front what software you will be using with it because when you order you have to tell them which byte it will read. So make sure you have the right software for the right cable for the right car.

PS- sounds like you have a 1g the way you describe with the 1 red wire. Is your hot sync cable a dual type, meaning is there a serial 9 pin connetor AND a usb connector. If so, i bought a cable like that for mine and it didn't work. I had to have the direct cable without the USB. If it's got a USB connection y'd into the cable that may be the problem. With my electronics experience i just rewired my cable to make it work.

Last edited by Onefast99gsx; 05-19-2005 at 02:41 PM..
Onefast99gsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005   #4
sleepydsm
Kevin

sorry I didnt specify earlier: Its a 92 Tsi awd
I have a direct serial cable (no usb y-ed off) and it has a single red power wire coming off. When I bought the car, the dsm pocketlogger software was already installed. it got deleted when i changed batteries, so I used the supplied disk from the previous owner to reload the software. Now it doesn't display and numbers when in the logger software.