MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic > Official MitsuStyle.com Topics

Old 10-21-2012   #1
10EVO

Drives: 2008 EVO GSR
Tires!

Once I get back from deployment, one of the first things I will be purchasing is tires. I am running 275/35R18, I just purchased the car so not sure what to really go with besides what I bought it with. So what are your recommendations. I need something that will work well with rain, and be a good DD with that occasional track day (never been but maybe one day). Lets hear em!
Installed:18x10.5" Work CR-Ultimate wheels, D2 Racing Coilovers, HKS Hi-Power Catback Exhaust, CPE Gauge Pod, Kenwood Double Din Head Unit, MTX Amp, AEM Oil, Boost, and AFR Digital Gauges, and Electronic Boost Controller
10EVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013   #2
Scott

Drives: 2011 WW Evo X
Re: Tires!

Pilot super sports. Just picked up a set in 265/35 and they look amazing. Got Discount Tire to price match them from www.discountwheelwarehouse.com
Perrin shorty antenna
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013   #3
Trogdor

Drives: people crazy

I picked up a set of the Dunlop ZII's though I haven't put them on yet with this fucking snow.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014   #4
Mnementh

Drives: '87 Chrysler Conquest

FINALLY got a set of Firestone Firehawks for the Conquest. (I'm sure some people will be sad they can't come over at the cookout and marvel at my stock 27 year old tires, LOL)

Bought them on March 31 with a $100 rebate that had to be filed by April 3 (yeah, I know, WTF, right?) Unfortunately on April 1 my cancer returned with a vengeance, I got slapped in the hospital a couple of days and before you knew it, no rebate! >_<

Oh well, I look at it philosophically: I wouldn't have even THOUGHT of new tires if I knew about the cancer returning. And I figure what the hell for $100, that's going to be a drop in the bucket compared to my medical bills this year. I'm gonna clean my Conquest up and hit every cruise and show I can physically make it to this summer!! When you see the Conquest at the cookout this fall, it might have 2500 more miles on it! Yeah! ^_^
Mnementh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014   #5
asshanson
immune from paybans

Drives: poorly
Send a message via AIM to asshanson

I was all excited for this thread, then realized it was bumped after 6 months, then again a year later.
Seriously though, hope your health takes a turn for the better, that's scary stuff.
asshanson is offline   Reply With Quote