MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Classifieds > Non-Mitsu for sale

Old 05-30-2010   #1
HiImBrian

Drives: the girls crazy
Send a message via AIM to HiImBrian
1998 2.5rs for sale

I guess I'll go ahead and create a for sale thread just to see what kinda interest there is.

I've got a 1998 Impreza 2.5rs for sale. The motor locked up on me a couple months back on my way to Devils Lake...So the motor is shot but the tranny is still good. I had the HG's and timing belt replaced when I first bought the car about a year ago and I'm guessing that the guy who did the work never machined the heads which eventually caused coolant to mix in with the oil and cause the motor to lock up. The motor is shot, but the timing belt looks brand new and could definitely be used on a diff motor. The overall interior is in great shape with brand new floor mats as well as a crappy set for winter.

160,xxx miles
5 speed tranny shifts great
wrx hubs/roters/calipers/control arms with new lifetime warranty brake pads
Exedy oem replacement clutch with under 3000 miles
Magnaflow exhaust
Hella fogs
Optional alarm/security system

Asking $2500 obo. I'm not really in much of a hurry to sell it at this point, but if anybody is interested or has any questions feel free to post up or pm me. I'm on here way too often, so I'll most likely respond pretty quickly.
-Brian
Old 05-30-2010   #2
cudvig
Rainbow Boy

Drives: 96 Civic HX
Send a message via AIM to cudvig
Re: 1998 2.5rs for sale

you've gotta be shitting me. 2 days after I buy a car too...

-Colin
cudvig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010   #3
HiImBrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cudvig View Post
you've gotta be shitting me. 2 days after I buy a car too...

-Colin
Hey man I woulda sold ya this car over a month ago lol! I've mentioned sellin it here n there for quite a while, but I finally decided to just post it up for sale. What'd ya just buy?
Old 05-30-2010   #4
cudvig
Rainbow Boy

Drives: 96 Civic HX
Send a message via AIM to cudvig

miata.

which is actually the shit!

-Colin
cudvig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010   #5
HiImBrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cudvig View Post
miata.

which is actually the shit!

-Colin
...if you have a vagina...haha jk jk I'm not a big fan, but they can be made into sweet cars. Just not my style I guess. Enjoy though
Old 05-30-2010   #6
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g

$2500 is that a serious price?
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010   #7
HiImBrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
$2500 is that a serious price?
Right now that price is as serious as you are brown
Old 05-31-2010   #8
123abc
wants to be sideways...

Drives: Loud cars
Send a message via AIM to 123abc Send a message via MSN to 123abc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.98GSX View Post
Right now that price is as serious as you are brown
Non turbo? Junk 2.5 engine? Add some quarter panel rust to the mix...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93GSX5SD
I'll second that. Its your car your choice. Enjoy your dsm experience.
123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010   #9
turbotalon1g

I was just wondering I don't know much about suby crap, but I know that is somewhat a sort after car and I know some people that might be interested, its just seems like a high price for a rusty car with a blown motor.
Old 05-31-2010   #10
HiImBrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123abc View Post
Non turbo? Junk 2.5 engine? Add some quarter panel rust to the mix...
The 2.5rs never came turboed to begin with, so the fact that it's non turbo is what's expected when buying these cars. Otherwise, yes the motor is toast, and there is a little rust on the quarter panels.

Quote:
I was just wondering I don't know much about suby crap, but I know that is somewhat a sort after car and I know some people that might be interested, its just seems like a high price for a rusty car with a blown motor.
You're right, it's not priced to sell in a week. I like to plan ahead when I buy/sell cars so I don't end up just giving cars away. Everything has a certain value to different people. For instance, some people may find it exciting to own an arcadia green impreza because there were only about 150ish or so that were ever brought into the country. Other people maybe like the fact that I've already taken care of a wrx brake conversion. Others might appreciate the cleanliness of the interior.

In the future the price may change, but probably not too drastically, and not in the next week either. It can't hurt to shoot somebody an offer.
Old 06-12-2010   #11
lucasoil4u

Drives: talon tsi evo 3 25psi

thats alot for A CAR WITH A BLOWN MOTOR
Old 06-12-2010   #12
turbotalon1g

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.98GSX View Post
The 2.5rs never came turboed to begin with, so the fact that it's non turbo is what's expected when buying these cars. Otherwise, yes the motor is toast, and there is a little rust on the quarter panels.

You're right, it's not priced to sell in a week. I like to plan ahead when I buy/sell cars so I don't end up just giving cars away. Everything has a certain value to different people. For instance, some people may find it exciting to own an arcadia green impreza because there were only about 150ish or so that were ever brought into the country. Other people maybe like the fact that I've already taken care of a wrx brake conversion. Others might appreciate the cleanliness of the interior.

In the future the price may change, but probably not too drastically, and not in the next week either. It can't hurt to shoot somebody an offer.
Well, all i hear is blah blah blah, I want too much money for my rusty blown motor car.

Also with that crazy price and the fact you don't want to budge means a PITA to deal with, they are plenty of cheap old subies out there, I just saw 3 on a driveway down the street from me and 1 of those was green, and I think for the price you are asking the guy would sell his perfectly running daily green RS.
Old 06-13-2010   #13
HiImBrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasoil4u View Post
thats alot for A CAR WITH A BLOWN MOTOR
Thanks for your opinion. I've actually found a few motors that I would like to throw in there and then just keep the car until next year when I decide to sell it for the price of a running car

Quote:
Well, all i hear is blah blah blah, I want too much money for my rusty blown motor car.

Also with that crazy price and the fact you don't want to budge means a PITA to deal with, they are plenty of cheap old subies out there, I just saw 3 on a driveway down the street from me and 1 of those was green, and I think for the price you are asking the guy would sell his perfectly running daily green RS.
Aw come on buddy, lets not go puttin words in other people's mouths, especially when you can just scroll up and see that I never mentioned I wouldn't budge on the price. In fact, I mentioned a couple times that yes it's a serious price, but it doesn't hurt to give me an offer. I even said that the asking price may come down in the future. And the fact that you think I'd be a pain in the ass to deal with kinda hurts considering you know me personally, and I sure hope I've never come across as a pain in the ass.

I'm not going to argue with you about your neighbors subarus because that's just silly, but there are other 2 door subarus besides the rs. There's the Brighton and the Impreza L which both come with smaller engines and less options. They were also painted a different green that's much more common than the arcadia green.

Moral of the story here is, dude chill out. Why do ya gotta be e thuggin on me on minute, and then be super friendly in person? I like the "in person" Aaron a lot better cause he's a cool guy.
Old 06-13-2010   #14
pecka

Brian, what kind of gas mileage does this thing pull?
pecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010   #15
Perkul8r

Drives: 91 GVR4

My buddy paid $1500 for a 1999 2.5rs that was rusted to shit and had a blown motor. Also his was an auto. So far we have replaced fenders, front bumper cover, rear bumper cover, Inner/Outer Right Rear Quarters, partial trunk floor, trunk lid and of course the motor and trans. So the price set for this one with what looks like an amazing interior and very very little rust compared to what I was working with seems great. I would love to have a 2.5rs thats a five speed. They are pretty sought after. 99 was the last year for a 2 door coupe impreza.
Perkul8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010   #16
HiImBrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecka View Post
Brian, what kind of gas mileage does this thing pull?
22-24ish mpg drivin around fargo. That would drop to maybe 18-22 in the winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkul8r View Post
My buddy paid $1500 for a 1999 2.5rs that was rusted to shit and had a blown motor. Also his was an auto. So far we have replaced fenders, front bumper cover, rear bumper cover, Inner/Outer Right Rear Quarters, partial trunk floor, trunk lid and of course the motor and trans. So the price set for this one with what looks like an amazing interior and very very little rust compared to what I was working with seems great. I would love to have a 2.5rs thats a five speed. They are pretty sought after. 99 was the last year for a 2 door coupe impreza
Thanks for the positive compliments man. I'll more than likely just buy an overpriced motor from a junkyard and throw that in for the next year or so. And btw, the impreza coupe was made up until 2001
Old 06-13-2010   #17
HiImBrian

Also, here's a thread I created on an RS board a while ago asking if I should buy the car initially. They didn't seem to think $4600 for the car was a bad deal at all lol. In fact they would have been pretty angry if I hadn't bought it haha.

http://www.rs25.com/forums/f106/t979...into-game.html

I've since then thrown in a new clutch, wrx brake upgrade, thick rear sway bar, and a magnaflow cat back all totaling roughly $1000ish. A warrantied motor will run ya $1000, and installation is a breeze with these motors. So if you like numbers, take the $2500 purchase price plus $1000 for a motor and you've got the same car I bought for $4600, but with a few tasteful mods and for $1100 less than what I spent. I should hopefully have another motor lined up for it in the next week or so, so if nobody wants it by then, I think I'll just keep it for another year and be happy

edit:
I bought a jdm ej25d (aka jdm stock motor) today so I'll no longer be selling my rs. Instead, I plan on pickin up a set of new perrin endlinks to go with my adjustable rsw and new shifter bushings. Hopefully I make it to at least one autox event this summer, if not then snowcross ftw.

Last edited by HiImBrian; 06-19-2010 at 10:30 AM..
HiImBrian is offline   Reply With Quote