Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 01-18-2010   #41
t-revzr
FLOSSEN

Drives: 2011 corolla turbo S
Re: CBRD/Blouche BBK/BBK Lite turbo for Evo 8/9

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
If your car is in good running order and has a good parts combo, on E85, you'll do it easily on a BBK Full, and if you opt for the BBK-B it'll be more like 440 with ease. You're most of the way there already man.
I hope to be close to what you put down at DB. I just ordered the perrin intake for the car now too. And Ill have the stock mani ported soon too. I wanna beat Jims fp red lol.
t-revzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010   #42
scheides
flips McGee

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-dyn...-pump-gas.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRD View Post
we have done 5-6 BBK cars in the past week...

all of them producing pretty awesome results..

we recently got a shipment of the newest JMfabrications (our partners in crime hee he) twin scroll exhaust manifolds...

I've always loved their manifold with the BBK as it provides a little more peak power... well the new one knocked my socks off... they revised the inlet ports, smoother radius', etc.... I didnt do a back to back, but this evo 8 made massive power over the stock turbo with some additional bolt ons..

The car had:

AMS fmic, AMS licp, UICP, Injen Intake, evo 8 9.8 cm hotside, mbc, turboback and our tune before making apprx 296whp/289wtq at 23.1-23.5 psi in 50 degree weather...

We then brought it back in, did headstuds, head gasket.... JM Fab manifold, CBRD BBK full with port, Megan O2 housing, 1000cc Injectors and a set of S1 cams...

We typically see 10-15 whp from the S1's on our dyno.... so here are the results...

I tuned it at 25psi, then ran some 28psi pulls, both with zero knock... on 93 octane... so the combination is working great.

you can see at the high boost 28psi pull, we were up 107whp over the stock turbo with these mods... and with 25 psi we were still up 97whp... and 50-67 wtq...

Very nice results for some nice changes.... minimal spool up loss!!

A nice street power level, and the owner was very pleased!

we have been seeing 375whp/335wtq to 410whp/360wtq depending on mods lately.... each car has gained atleast 60whp with turbo swap and retune... Im doing another today with the jmfab manifold, bbk, etc, on an evo ix with stock cams... so im excited to see what this one makes!

cheers

cb
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010   #43
t-revzr
FLOSSEN

Drives: 2011 corolla turbo S

Seen this today that's some nice power! CBRD sure did a good job on makin the BBK...
t-revzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010   #44
scheides
flips McGee

552whp/552wtq, wut:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-dyn...-bbk-full.html
Old 02-02-2010   #45
TalonFiero
moonshine power

Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion! Mine Sweeper Champion!
Drives: 08 Saab 9-7x Aero
Send a message via AIM to TalonFiero

That's a built 2.4 correct? I know Red's around here are putting down close to 530hp similar boost on a 2.0.

I hate bench racing but a red on this 2.4 car I would think would hit close to 600hp. Nice to see they are trying a black, it will be fun to see how the black turbo does. Too bad they can't try whatever the biggest stock framed CBRD turbo is for comparison too.
TalonFiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010   #46
scheides
flips McGee

If it didn't hit 600, a red would definitely hold the top-end much better. We'll see what the black does, we may see the hotside being a big restriction and killing power up top w/ that 2.4L.
Old 02-02-2010   #47
mlomker
*Resting In Peace*

Drives: 94 Plymouth Acclaim/2008 EvoX

It has a little torque, that's for sure. I'd love to take a spin.

kracka--It's official, Lomker sucks at chicks!
mlomker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010   #48
scheides
flips McGee

More pump gas numbers wootski:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRD View Post
Here is a chart for a client of ours stationed overseas in Afghanistan!

The car originally had:

CBRD Tune, AMS FMIC, Fuel Pump, BR IC PIPES, Perrin Intake, MBC, S1 Cams, full turboback,

we added, exedy twin, CBRD Re-tune (ECU BOOST), HG HEAD, S2 cams, JM FAB Manifold, and BBK with 1000cc Injectors, and Headgames head!!

Here is another link to the build

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-sho...ml#post8133434

and here is a 3rd gear (6 speed car) overlay of the before and after,

about a 95whp gain at 7600 rpm!

I was very impressed with the quality of workmanship on the HeadGames Head, and Dave is a pleasure to deal with.... I tell him what we are looking for, he picks the components...

Our client wanted 400whp, the peak numbers were 406/346, and in 4th it jumped to 418whp/350wtq at 26.8 psi!!

cheers

cb
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
...I realized that I can't keep up my shit talking without anything to back it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
S2000: For those of us that know the Miata is the best car on the planet, but also want extra power and to not have to turn in our man cards.
Old 05-24-2011   #49
scheides
flips McGee

Just a friendly bump for my fav lil turbo on the market!

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-eng...-fp-green.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
Back in the day I followed the progression of modified stock turbos as Buschur and others started coming out with them. . . then updating them. . . then updating/improving again . . . etc. On my old EVO 8 I had the stock turbo, then an Evo 9 turbo, then a Buschur 20G, and then finally the Buschur 20G-LT which soon became known as the Forced Performance Evo Green. When I sold the EVO 8 a few years back and decided to build an EVO 9 I kept the Green for the new build. It served me well over the years - Two Solo2 National Championships, 10.9 second quarter mile passes, lots of National Tour and ProSolo wins, etc. In fact it was the only Non-HTA Green on the Fastest Stock Appearing Turbo list for 2010. Anyway, over the past couple years I've been watching the further stock-style turbo advancements just waiting for the perfect turbo to come along. I can gladly say that I believe I have found that "Perfect Turbo" - The CBRD BBK FULL!

MY NEEDS: Everyone has different needs, so the "Perfect Turbo" would be different for every individual. I need a turbo that will excel at autocross, be great at road racing, and be capable of 10 second runs at the drag strip.

Autocross - To excel at autocross the turbo must have near-instantaneous spool, quick boost recovery when off then back on the gas, and make as FAT of powerband as possible.

Road Racing - Turbo should not have excessive lag. A 42R would probably not be fun for very long on a road course One other "NEED" here is a turbo that is smooth and does not have compressor surge/BOV bucking issues so you can be smooth on throttle inputs. More on this below.

Drag Racing - With a properly set up and driven car you can hit 10's with any of the stock variant turbos. More power just makes it easier to do it consistently or with a less-highly modified car.

RESULTS: The CBRD BBK has been on the car now about 3 weeks and 4000 miles. We ran the 2011 Cannonball One Lap of America race 2 weeks ago. It consisted of 2 drag events, 2 autocross events, and 14 road course events, so I got a pretty good feel for how the turbo is performing. After all that - I am 100% positive that I picked the "Perfect Turbo" available for my needs!

Autocross - Back when the FP Green first came out it was the best turbo choice for autocross, IMHO. Well, the BBK kicks its butt in every category. It spools up faster, has quicker boost recovery, makes a TON more top end power, and has better driveability as far as surging/BOV flutter goes. This thing is full of WIN! (the Street Mod Solo2 National Champ for 2010 was running the BBK-Full) Back when I had stock gearing the Green seemed to spool up very quickly with almost no lag. After I switched to the HKS 4.11 final drive gear to get more top-end speed in 2nd gear there was a noticeable increase in spool time coming out of tight corners. There was now a slight delay from the time you went full throttle until you got full power. NOT ANY MORE! The BBK Full drives more like a V8 engine. Transient response is awesome! It is also very "linear". It feels like if you give it 25% throttle you get 25% power. Give 75% throttle and you get 75% power. I think it makes the car much more predictible and easier to drive.

Road Racing - to get full power on the Green we had to run higher boost, but the stock BOV would not hold that boost so we had to run a different valve that caused a lot of surging. Undriveable on the road course. The stock valve seems to hold just fine with the BBK so far, so I should be able to run more power with the BBK on the road course than I was able to on the Green. The boost spike is not as high, so it doesn't blow the valve open, but the BBK hold much MORE boost on the top end (tapers much less). With the quicker transient response and the stronger top end the car should be just plain faster all around. I have not run a track yet with the BBK that I've run on before with the Green, so direct comparisons will be forthcoming as I visit my regular tracks later this year. The car so far feels AMAZING.

Drag Racing - I ran a 10.9 with the Green last year. The BBK makes more power all through the powerband with a TON more power up top - so common sense dictates that it should be good for at least a couple more tenths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
more coming. Will post dyno graphs here soon.

Green vs. BBK FULL. The Green spiked to 31.8psi but tapered off to 22psi by 7000rpm. The BBK spiked to 30.7psi and only tapered off to 24.5psi by 7000rpm. The BBK spools up about 200rpm quicker, and at 3300rpm makes about 50ft# more torque than the Green. On "high boost" setting BBK=447whp/438tq while the Green=414whp/432tq.

Pump Gas and E85 @ 25psi spike. This is the "low boost" setting that I am currently using. E85=432whp/386tq and 93oct=382whp/335tq.

Comparison of E85, E75, and E65 on the low boost setting (25psi). Going from 82 to 75 all Keith adjusted was the fuel table with somewhere around 6% less fuel. Going from 75 to 65 he had to tweak the timing a bit as some knock started showing up. At higher boost levels the differences would have been a bit larger. I now have a map for all 3 levels, so it's nice knowing all I have to do is reflash the ECU quickly based on what % of E's I have in the tank and not mess with anything else. . .

E85 = 432whp/386tq
E75 = 427whp/380tq
E65 = 415whp/376tq

Quote:
...I realized that I can't keep up my shit talking without anything to back it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
S2000: For those of us that know the Miata is the best car on the planet, but also want extra power and to not have to turn in our man cards.
Old 12-10-2011   #50
scheides
flips McGee

Bump, haven't touched this thread in forever but...

10.2@136mph

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6xBFdEamW8&hd=1

and, from the guy above:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/9811557-post83.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOlutionary View Post
Just a quick update to the thread - this fall with the BBK FULL I ran a 10.4 @ 133 on my road race EVO with super stiff road race suspension. That was on E85 and stock bottom end, stock throttle body, stock intake manifold. With a good drag suspension setup and some fresher tires I KNOW the car has a 9.9 in it - with a stock appearing turbo that spools like stock! Love this thing!!!

Thanks Chad/CBRD!! {thumbup}

This really makes me want a BBK-powered IX RS race car....
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
Old 12-10-2011   #51
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g

IT will never happen.
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote