MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > Site News & Updates

Old 10-04-2006   #61
JET
Is funding Exxon.

Drives: like a bat outta hell!
Send a message via AIM to JET Send a message via Yahoo to JET
Re: MitsuStyle.com

Yeah, and at dyno days we could watch all Mitsu's on the dyno instead of being forced to watch some pesky German car

My motorcycle is stock and reliable, my Talon is neither!
JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #62
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew7dg
HEY!! you know what I mean
I know the evos have a 4g63 but the timing belt is on the other side and none of the parts can be interchanged... well most anyway (this could get into a long debate)

I have to say, this is a nice website with very friendly people. I would love it if mitsubishi people would come together. The mitsubishi cook out was fun to go to and would be great if there was more stuff like that.

What I would love to see is a meet where a lot of mitsubishi people get together and have a parts swap meet. I know a lot of us have car parts, cars, and part cars that they would want to sell. And there are some of us who really need car parts, like me!!
Parts can't be interchanged?
Do some research before making retarted posts.
Old 10-04-2006   #63
AJ
Area code 166 represent

Send a message via AIM to AJ Send a message via Yahoo to AJ

I see Andrew's point. DSMStyle was/is home to many DSMers, but the fact is we have never been just a DSM club. It was a main focal point, and it was a big part of growing. MN EVO and MN 3S are to active groups that are ran by a few senior members on here (Curt & Chris D), and that last thing I want this transition to do is make it seem like we want to pull members from there over here. We just want to make a positive transition into a big growing period for us, and give everything we can to our members and sponsors.
Old 10-04-2006   #64
Jakey
Asshat King

Send a message via MSN to Jakey

This is going to be my final post in this thread as I do not agree with the namechange but wanted to make a few comments based on Allan's last post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMStyle
I see Andrew's point. DSMStyle was/is home to many DSMers, but the fact is we have never been just a DSM club. It was a main focal point, and it was a big part of growing.
Having the DSM as the focal point of the site until now has obviously been a success and the site has grown exponentially, which is where I don't follow why there is this sudden push for HUGE growth.

Quote:
MN EVO and MN 3S are to active groups that are ran by a few senior members on here (Curt & Chris D), and that last thing I want this transition to do is make it seem like we want to pull members from there over here.
Then why is this new namechange being marketed to the members as a chance to draw members from "other" places? Like I said in my earlier post, if people don't feel welcome here because they don't own/drive a DSM, they need to open their eyes and look at the DSMStyle.com community.

Quote:
We just want to make a positive transition into a big growing period for us, and give everything we can to our members and sponsors.
Why the sudden push for a BIG growing period? As previously mentioned, in my opinion, this push for a BIG growing period is going to draw an incredible number of people who belong spamming the newbie forums on Toonerz. I have yet to come upon a truly large forum/site that carries the class which the current medium-sized DSMStyle.com has. I wish the administration and moderation team the best of luck on being able to keep things under control down the road.

Quote:
....give everything we can....sponsors.
If the site is giving everything it can to the sponsors, why shouldn't the sponsors do the same (treat members fairly & I'm referring to one specific sponsor)? Yes I'm bitter.....

Proud to be a Cyclone

Check it out: Racers Against Street Racing
Jakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #65
AJ
Area code 166 represent

Jakey, if you think we are going after the size of somthing like DSMTuners or DSMTalk you're thinking in the wrong scope of things.

Plain and simple, they don't make DSM's anymore. We don't want the site to enter into a stalemate and die over time. So we took the next logical step to build upon our foundation to provide for future growth.

I am sure we will have to deal with situations that come up over the next 3-6 months, and we are preparred to deal with those in a quick and positive way.

I think you need to relax a bit and just wait and see what happens along with everyone else.

As far as your sponsor bit, I think you just need to cut ties with you doing business with them and forget about it. If you had a bad experiance then you've probably made the decison to take your business elsewhere, and that's your right. I do get tired of you bringing it up every 10 minutes though.

Sometimes there comes a time where you just have to think, "is this really where I want to be?". Ask yourself that question Jakey. We've know each other a very long time, but if you feel this site isn't up to your requirement's then maybe MitsuStuyle.com isn't the best place for you. If you relax a tad, and just wait and see what happens and then realize it's just going to be better and you think this is a place for you, then by all means stick around. The decison is yours.
Old 10-04-2006   #66
scheides
flips McGee

Jakey, enough with the animosity already, you sound like an old record...with a really bad country song on it or some shit.

We're not trying to oust the other local forums, we're trying to unite the current members of *this* board. Sure, we're hoping for new members, and if they're dumbasses, then we'll deal with that. Guess what, there's a lot of cool people out there that aren't here yet, and everyone on this site will benifit from there being more members. We're trying to open up the doors here a little, get rid of this arrogant better-than-thou attitude that some threads and you (Jakey) in particular seem to ooze.

In fact, if you do not like the site after we change, I'll personally setup a forum just for you and anyone else that hates the new site. I'll call it sandyvaginaforums.com and anyone can bitch about whatever they want!
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #67
AJ
Area code 166 represent

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides
In fact, if you do not like the site after we change, I'll personally setup a forum just for you and anyone else that hates the new site. I'll call it sandyvaginaforums.com and anyone can bitch about whatever they want!
Um Chris you dumb shit. It would need to actually be sandyvaginaSTYLE.com.
Old 10-04-2006   #68
Tauni
Mazda-ing

Drives: 2013 Mazdaspeed3

HAHA! Fucking awesome!

The way I see it, more people means more and different knowledge. No one knows EVERYTHING there is to know about DSMS and I see it as, the more people, provided they are knowledgeable people, the better chance you will have finiding what information or parts or whatever you are looking for.

Change isn't always good, but it isn't always bad, either. And it is ok to be open minded in such situations

Last edited by Tauni; 10-04-2006 at 01:18 PM..
Tauni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #69
scheides
flips McGee

Hahah! so be it!
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #70
cranch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET
Yeah, and at dyno days we could watch all Mitsu's on the dyno instead of being forced to watch some pesky German car
Scheides made me do it...
cranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #71
A//// Guy

Bloody Seal Bounce Champion!
Drives: Slowly

HAHAHA Wow that was funny.

But yea I agree with all of it and am open to the changes. Just dont turn this site into MNSC where everyone posts pics all day long of their crappy 3 tone cars with steelies on the front. So mods get ready to regulate that stuff lol.

---JET atleast the pesky german car made it to every event this year haha jp
A//// Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #72
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

Quote:
Originally Posted by M/// Guy
---JET atleast the pesky german car made it to every event this year haha jp
Oh snap!

I have nothing against the new changes, nor have I really been following this thread, but I do want to be a member of SandyVaginasSTYLE!!!
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #73
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr

Can I mod sandyvaginastyle.com?
Old 10-04-2006   #74
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.

Quote:
Just dont turn this site into MNSC where everyone posts pics all day long of their crappy 3 tone cars with steelies on the front.
Yes, that is the very definition of MNSC.

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #75
AJ
Area code 166 represent

Ya know, "most" people who are on DSMStyle.com like it here cause of what we do with it. MitsuStyle.com is just a extension of that, and a name. No reason to think we can't run it as good, or better than before.

And we don't need to be bashing sites like MNSC. Those guys put a TON of effort into events and such as well for their members. When you think of the guys who are behind sites like MNSC, MN 3S, EVO MN, and even DSMStyle, you'll find some hard working people that often put more thought and preparation into helping others enjoy the hobby rather than themselves.
Old 10-04-2006   #76
Tauni
Mazda-ing

Drives: 2013 Mazdaspeed3

Quote:
Ya know, "most" people who are on DSMStyle.com like it here cause of what we do with it. MitsuStyle.com is just a extension of that, and a name. No reason to think we can't run it as good, or better than before.
So true. I like how close knit we are, too. Most of us anyways. It always seems to me you guys are always looking for new ways to bring us all together, like the dyno days, Bees, parties, ETC.

Last edited by 1ViciousGSX; 10-04-2006 at 07:05 PM..
Tauni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #77
Super Bleeder!!
Reynolds number user

Send a message via AIM to Super Bleeder!!

i do not like this mitsustyle name. as already stated, i like the fact that this forum has *<50 active posters. it keeps things tight. toight like a toiger!
04 E55 AMG
Super Bleeder!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #78
A//// Guy

Bloody Seal Bounce Champion!
Drives: Slowly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D.
Yes, that is the very definition of MNSC.
You know exactly what I mean Matt.. come on.

I like MNSC alot but the postwhoring is rediculous over there. Threads for everything including saying what I ate for breakfast. If style gets that way Im just saying things are going to get kind of hectic. I have nothing against the mods/creators/people who run MNSC, I just dont like how things are so open over there, and I hope that doesnt happen here. Just my 2 cents.

BTW I am a member of MNSC and post somewhat regularily.

Last edited by A//// Guy; 10-04-2006 at 02:17 PM..
A//// Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006   #79
Shane@DBPerformance
formerly ecoli

Send a message via AIM to Shane@DBPerformance

Once every post on here starts ending in "FTW!" like on MNSC, then we know we are in trouble.
Old 10-04-2006   #80
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.

Quote:
You know exactly what I mean Matt.. come on.
No, I don't. Say what you mean and mean what you say. MNSC is no worse than Toonerz when it comes to BS posts.

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote