MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Old 02-18-2013   #1
jeremy1375

Drives: 1990 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD
Where to buy transmission spacers

I am reassembling the trans for my '90 Talon tsi awd and I need 4 spacers to get the pre-loads right. I tried WB Mitsubishi and on 2 of the shims, this is the response I received.

part # MD712348 is $11.27, part on a back order with no current eta. usually ships from Japan can take up to 3mos to get if still available, waiting to hear back from Mitsubishi

part # MD718522 is $11.12, part on a back order with no current eta. usually ships from Japan can take up to 3mos to get if still available, waiting to hear back from Mitsubishi

I haven't been able to find one place online that has all of the spacers available. I'd rather not pay $10+ shipping to two different places for the above parts and then drive to the mitsu dealer for the rest.

Anybody know of one place that that has access to all of the shims?
jeremy1375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013   #2
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15
Re: Where to buy transmission spacers

Check with shep or jacks.
2017 GMC Yukon-Current winter hooptie

Goat Blower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013   #3
jeremy1375

Neither Shep nor Jack's stock them. Jack's said they could order them for me. Placed an order with them just to see if they really could get the specific ones I want as the dealer said 1 of them is no longer available through Mitsubishi.

In the meantime, Tim at TMZ responded on tuners saying he stocked them. He didn't have the exact ones I want, but he does have some that will work for me so I ordered from him too.

It's crazy because I didn't realize getting shims would be such a problem. I bought another '90 talon a couple weeks ago. I towed it home on a tow dolly in non-running condition. I couldn't get it up the steep part of the driveway because it was too slippery. The clutch was bad so I parked it in the yard, pulled the tranny, and figured I'd take a look inside before putting it back in. Turned out to have a bad shift fork and rail. I replaced those and now just waiting for shims. Just hope we don't get a melt while I'm waiting as the car is up on jack stands in a flat part of the yard where water collects.
Old 04-29-2013   #4
jeremy1375

Update: I still haven't received the shims I ordered from Jack's - they are still waiting on 1.

In the mean time, I've ordered and received 2 sets from TMZ - they've only taken a day or two to arrive.

As far as Jacks goes, I did order a set of synchro rings from them and they were shipped fast and were the nice new upgraded bronze rings.