MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > Project Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2014   #1
C3L1CA
N17r0U$ br4D

Goosehead Racing Champion! Street Drifting Champion!
Tournaments Won: 1

Drives: bikes and a silveraydo
Brad's New Bike - '12 ZX10R

Picked up a new bike and figured I'd make a thread to help me keep track of it and what not.

It's a 2012 Kawasaki ZX10R that I brought home on June 26, 2014. It was a new left over that they wanted to move so got a halfway decent deal on it.

After picking it up I bought a right away Zero Gravity Dark Smoke Double Bubble Series Windscreen, mounted/wired my GPS and set out to California. Put a little over 7,500 miles on it and bike did just great.

After I got home I threw it on the dyno to get a baseline before I started to mod it.

Bone stock it made 155 hp to the rear tire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xopWUI-NQQQ&hd=1

After the baseline I put on a Brock's Alien Head Slip On and got flashed by Archer (local guy in Fargo) and threw it back on the dyno. Also got a Competition Werkes integrated tail light and mounted the plate on the tail with some double sided tape. Really helped clean the bike up.

It made 174.5 after a slip on and flash, a 19.2 increase.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHjUmchyQ-A&hd=1

I have an 8-12" Evil Swing Arm coming which should put the bike at 68" wheel base which should help a lot at the drag strip.

Also got a Power Commander 5 from the same guy that I'll use to get a fine tune on the bike come spring. I've got Graves Block Off Plates sitting in the garage that I'll install before I get a tune.

Things I will probably buy before heading to the track this year:
Chain/Gearing
Evil Chain Gaurd
Roaring Toyz Adjustable Lowering Link
Adjustable Kickstand
Brock's Clutch Mod - eliminates the slipper clutch
Brock's Heavy Duty Springs or their cushion package
Shinko Hookup Drag Radial Tire

Hopeful with those mods it can run some mid to low 9's. I was able to get some solid 9.5's in with my old r1 and that thing had about 20 less hp and wasn't as long. Goal is to run some 8.99 or better with it at some point!

Longer term mods that I have in mind over the winter or whenever I have money:
Air filter, maybe BMC race as I've always liked them
Custom Dyno Tune - Have to figure out if it's worth it to run race gas. Guys pick up a lot of power on VP MR12 but its expensive. See how close I get that 8 second goal lol
Brock's Dragshock EZ or some type of drag shock
Airshifter - DME makes an air shifter bracket for $25 and I have the parts from my r1 to run the air shifter. So that part would be cheap, just need a quick shifter or figure out a way kill ignition.

Then if I still can't hit 8s I'd try a lightweight battery and maybe ceramic wheel bearings. If that doesn't work, nitrous it is

So here is to going Stupid Fast!
C3L1CA is offline   Reply With Quote