MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic > Member Intros/Bios

Old 04-10-2016   #1
MATCHBX
Any 2 card caller.

Pinball Smash Up Champion!
New, old guy

Hey guys! Long time no talk or see!

Well, I've kind of been out of the game for a while now. We had a baby about 5 years ago and that really put a kink in my abilities to get out and do much (in a good way though, wouldn't trade it for anything!). The only thing I've really been involved with is working and organizing rallies over the past few years. And that's only a few times a year. I haven't been to a rallycross in 5 years, sold my rallycross car (MR2) about 5 years ago, and really haven't had any spare cash laying around for fun cars since I was the only one working.

Well, low and behold, my wife now has a full time job and the Jeep Commander we have is way too expensive for her to drive 60 miles round trip to work each day. It gets about 15mpg (330HP Hemi V-8) so we needed to find something more economical. My commute is over 80 miles round trip everyday, so I have been the one driving the 5spd Hyundai Elantra every day. We have been trying to sell the Jeep for a few months now and haven't had any good bites yet. So we went down yesterday to do some test driving and found a 2012 Lancer SE AWC that we are buying on Wednesday. Granted it's not a turbo AWD, but at least it's a Mitsu and it is AWD when I want it to be. So I'm kind of back in the game a little. She will be driving the Elantra and I will be driving the Lancer. The Elantra was her car before, we just switched vehicles since my commute was so long and she was a stay at home mom. So this Lancer was a compromise. I wanted something that had AWD and she wanted something that was low miles, good on gas, and was in our limited price range. Well this thing fit the bill. Can't wait to test it out more fully to see what it can do. Especially on the rally roads! Should be interesting.

I hoping to get out more this year, but that will be tough with a newborn on the way for August. And yes, I will have to miss Ojibwe this year because of the newborn. Due date is August 27th and Ojibwe is August 25-27. Oh well, it's only one year. Not like I haven't been up there every year for the past 15 years. At least I get to go to Headwaters on May 21st, LSPR in mid-October, and Nemadji in December.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lancer 2.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	15858   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lancer.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	15859  

Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant.

It's always the second mouse that gets the cheese....

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Superjealousfragilemisswithsexualneurosis----John Valby
MATCHBX is offline   Reply With Quote