MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Classifieds > Mitsu vehicle parts for sale

Old 07-23-2015   #1
BriK

Drives: GG IX MR SE
FS: Brand new, never used 2.4lb Lithium Battery-- Ballistic Evo2 12 cell

What: Ballistic Evo2 12 cell Lithium Ferrous Phosphate battery weighing in at 2.4 pounds. Battery info here: http://www.ballisticparts.com/produc...roducts_id=426

I've used the same battery in my Evo for 2 years without problems; it works better for me than the Odyssey PC680 which weighs 13 more pounds. The astute reader will notice later in this thread I mention I thought I killed one but, while I did drain it down, it only drained after 5 days of non-use which included several times opening the doors, which I believe also triggered a Bluetooth OBD2 reader to turn on and stay on, and I have a constant draw due to an overzealous alarm system. I now only disconnect the battery if I won't be using the car for several days. Ryan Thompson uses the same battery in his Evo which doesn't have a stupid alarm and I believe he leaves his connected permanently except during Winter storage.

How much: Retails for $230, looking for $225 since it is 100% brand new, never even screwed in terminals.
Where: Can be picked up in Woodbury or we can discuss meeting somewhere.
Why selling: TL;DR version: I bought it, didn't need it, seller won't accept returns.

Long story long: I thought I had a dead Lithium battery (this exact model) so I bought two more to make sure one arrived in time for an event. I received the two new batteries BUT I was also able to revive the battery I thought was dead, despite previous failed attempts-- even revived it to full strength with all cells showing balanced voltage. So I was left with three working batteries and only needed one. I'm running the "old" one, I was able to return another, but an Amazon seller won't accept returns of these batteries, despite a policy which indicates otherwise. I debated keeping this as a spare but I'd rather have cash in my pocket.

Last edited by BriK; 07-24-2015 at 08:50 AM..
BriK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015   #2
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g
Re: FS: Brand new, never used 2.4lb Lithium Battery-- Ballistic Evo2 12 cell

This makes me horny.
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015   #3
asshanson
immune from paybans

Drives: poorly
Send a message via AIM to asshanson

My car is down and out (probably until next year). If you have this come fall or winter, I will 100% purchase. Will watch this thread to see if you sell by then. Weight savings are so worth the money.
Peter, I know you need a battery too! hahaha
asshanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015   #4
BriK

Bump and price drop to $215.
Old 08-05-2015   #5
turbotalon1g

How did you charge your other one?
Do you need a special charger?
Old 08-06-2015   #6
BriK

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
How did you charge your other one?
Do you need a special charger?
To revive the drained battery, I hooked it up to a basic 1.5 amp or 2 amp trickle charger with "intelligent" 6v and 12v modes. When that charger got it to 12 volts, I then used the Ballistic balance charger and set it to 2 amps in normal "Charge" mode which brought it to nearly full charge-- I believe 13.6 or so volts with full charge being 14.4 volts on this battery. At that point, I used the Ballistic balance charger in "Balance Charge" mode to bring all cells to full and even charge.

I didn't research enough and went with the $110 Ballistic branded charger (http://www.ballisticparts.com/produc...roducts_id=430) but I've since learned it's nearly identical to an iMax B6 balance charger (one example here http://www.amazon.com/ORIGINAL-Charg.../dp/B00HED90RU) which is in the $30 range. The chargers look obviously identical (and my Ballistic branded charger even says "iMax B6" when it starts up), but I'm not 100% sure the cheaper one comes with the exactly right connection to balance charge Ballistic batteries. I've seen some versions of the iMax B6 which come with several connections of which I assume one could work, I've also seen some cheap cable sets on the intarwebz which should work, or you could find the right connector at a hobby store since the charger is often used for RC planes, as I understand it.

All in all, a basic trickle charger with float mode should work fine. I actually have three chargers, just because-- a regular, cheap Schumacher trickle charger, a Battery Tender Lithium Junior Charger (http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Tender.../dp/B00N5UBQHS), and the Ballistic charger I mentioned.
Old 08-06-2015   #7
turbotalon1g

Thanks for sharing, I was just curious after my old odyessy battery fun where I had to send it in to be charged on a special charger.
Old 08-17-2015   #8
BriK

Sold.