MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Classifieds > Good Guy / Bad Guy feedback

Old 11-21-2009   #1
viridionplague

Drives: 1991 talon tsi, 1991 stealth
4seasons69, poor

well recently i asked for help screwing in the clutch adjustment rod and getting the clutch all adjusted for 25 bucks, as stated in this thread. i ended up just giving him 30 bucks off what he owed me for a motor i sold to him earlier.

http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24818

4seasons69 cam out to help me, poked around under the dash for a half hour or so before finding out the threads were bad. after that he said he would be back the next day with a tap and die kit.

the next day i get a call saying he had to work late and come in early so it would be a day or 2.

after that i didnt hear from him for 2-3 weeks, so i finally went out and bought a whole new master cylinder cause i dont know if you can take the rod out, or where to buy just a single rod. and i needed this done ASAP due to threats of having it towed.

after i got it home i talked to him asking for my 30 bucks back, as he didnt do what i paid him to do.

i was basically told to f-off and that i was lucky i didnt get charged what he normally charges for side work.

so for the most part i ended up paying 30 bucks for him to come to my house, poke my car for a few minutes and accomplish nothing
viridionplague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009   #2
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51
Re: 4seasons69, poor

Quote:
Originally Posted by viridionplague View Post

after i got it home i talked to him asking for my 30 bucks back, as he didnt do what i paid him to do.

i was basically told to f-off and that i was lucky i didnt get charged what he normally charges for side work.

so for the most part i ended up paying 30 bucks for him to come to my house, poke my car for a few minutes and accomplish nothing
If the person knows what they're doing adjusting a clutch takes 2-3 minutes at the most, not 30 to accomplish nothing. Whats with the sudden rash of scam-artists on this board?

4seasons69 - Please work out a deal with the OP to make this situation right.

Last edited by Kracka; 11-21-2009 at 06:36 PM..
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009   #3
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g

love this new wave of noobs.
I've sold stuff to the guy before. good luck
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009   #4
At-Least-It's-An-Evo
At-Least-It's-White-Again

Mario Tetris 2 Champion! Tetris Champion! Tetris 2 Champion!
Drives: 98 iVTEC
Send a message via AIM to At-Least-It's-An-Evo

That's sketchy to not have stopped by over again after getting $30 so personally I don't care if he's a 'no0b', its kinda bs to take money and not do the favor that was suppose to be done.

Done fuckin' with cars but I will snap some photos of yours for now! =)
At-Least-It's-An-Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009   #5
scheides
flips McGee

I told you to just DIY :P

This is a pita thing to do, not sure how the threads would get all stripped though. You obviously got under there yourself to do it, since you got the new master cylinder installed right? Make him buy you some beer, drink a few together, and get over it
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009   #6
viridionplague

well at the time i didnt want to replace the master cylinder, i just needed to get the rod in so i could drive it 4 blocks. but i was also thinking it was going to be a good bit harder than it was as well
Old 11-22-2009   #7
4seasons69

Drives: 1992 talon tsi 1995 corolla

ok so I was out there for at least 45min messing around with his car. (I've done this many times on my car and usaually only takes a couple minutes) to find out that he messed up the threads on the master rod. so I tell him I can probably try to come back with a tap and die set and see if we can get the threads cleaned up good enough to screw it in if that doesn't work your gona need to replace it.

long story short one of the guys at my work just had a baby a few weeks ago and was out and then last saturday the day techs wife died. so i've been working extremely long hours and haven't had time to do anything but work. I sent him a couple texts filling him in on what was going on but never heard back from him.

I did what I could with his car but I said i'd do the clutch rod and adjustment cause they are quick. I never told him I would put in a master cylinder for 30 bucks

you wouldn't bring your car into a shop to have it diagnosed and expect them to do it for free unless your crazy that's not how it works. i'm a mechanic and time is money and my time isn't free. but since he's so butt hurt over 30 bucks i'll give him his money back

Last edited by 4seasons69; 11-22-2009 at 12:52 PM..
4seasons69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009   #8
4seasons69

oh and I had offerd to let him borrow my tap and die set since it had been a while and still wasn't able to make it back out there with no reply as well.

and there was NO money exchanged he never gave me 30 bucks. I owed him some money for an engine I bought from him and knocked 30 bucks off of what I owed him. I was told it was a 6 bolt with an evo3 head with port work. after some research and more inspection it was definitely a 1g head with no signs of port work so who knows if it actually had as low of miles as he was claiming. I let it go and didn't run a muck because it was a used part and people lie all the time when they sell used stuff.

Last edited by 4seasons69; 11-22-2009 at 03:45 PM..
Old 11-22-2009   #9
viridionplague

i said in my original post that i gave you 30 off what you owed me for the motor.

i also gave you the exact information i got from MAP, whom bought the motor (used) and inspected it for me. so dont try and play it off like i blatantly lied to you.
http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20284 is what MAP got for me

i went and borrowed a tap and die kit on my own, since i wasnt able to use it under the dash and had to pull the whole cylinder out. i just decided to replace the whole thing and get a new rod all together in the process.

bottom line is, i docked 30 off what you owed me, and didnt get anything out of it.

in addition to that, the whole reason i was offering money in the first place was because there was a threat of it getting towed, so doing it quickly was the goal. its not exactly fun telling people that your car will be off their property, then getting put off by the person who is supposed to be helping you for money.
Old 11-22-2009   #10
FattyBoomBatty
Banned

Drives: Conquest

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
I told you to just DIY :P

This is a pita thing to do, not sure how the threads would get all stripped though. You obviously got under there yourself to do it, since you got the new master cylinder installed right? Make him buy you some beer, drink a few together, and get over it
Hey, come on, you know it doesn't work like that. Making an argument public requires a year or two to forget, usually. Beer doesn't solve anything.
FattyBoomBatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009   #11
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrosenova400 View Post
The question is... does anyone here give a crap?
It's the Good Guy / Bad Guy Feedback forum, which is meant for exactly this.

Sorry to hear about the problems Randy, hopefully he makes it right. If I wasn't in Spain I woulda helped ya.
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009   #12
sleepydsm
Kevin

Send a message via AIM to sleepydsm

OK, just tack the 30 dollars back on if you are unsatisfied. Isn't that the simpler solution? Im not saying thats fair for 4seasons. But eh you uys figure it out!
Currently on Corvette #4
sleepydsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009   #13
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX

Why didnt Viridion just take the master cyl out and rethread instead of buying a whole new master.
They are actually really easy to take out, (ive done about 15 of them), and if the threads were totally fucked, you can easily replace the rod only.
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
tpunx99GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009   #14
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halon View Post
It's the Good Guy / Bad Guy Feedback forum, which is meant for exactly this.
Exactly. If anyone else cares to post such comments they can join blackrose and fran on their vacation. This is the feedback section of the board meant for posting your experiences with other members, good, bad, or neutral. If you don't care then don't read threads from this section of the board.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009   #15
viridionplague

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpunx99GSX View Post
Why didnt Viridion just take the master cyl out and rethread instead of buying a whole new master.
They are actually really easy to take out, (ive done about 15 of them), and if the threads were totally fucked, you can easily replace the rod only.
the 30 bucks plus the money he gave me that day covered what he owed me.

i tried pulling it out, it wouldnt budge for me, and since it was out, it was just easier to replace the whole cylinder.

also the new master came with the pivot arm, that needs to be replaced when i weld the pedal assembly, because right now i have a nut welded onto the end of mine

Last edited by viridionplague; 11-23-2009 at 12:45 PM..
Old 11-23-2009   #16
blageo23
AWD4G64

Send a message via AIM to blageo23

Why dont you split it, $15. He did after all come TO YOU in your time of need and tried to help you. I think his gas and time is worth more then nothing. Just my $.02
blageo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009   #17
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by viridionplague View Post
the 30 bucks plus the money he gave me that day covered what he owed me.

i tried pulling it out, it wouldnt budge for me, and since it was out, it was just easier to replace the whole cylinder.

also the new master came with the pivot arm, that needs to be replaced when i weld the pedal assembly, because right now i have a nut welded onto the end of mine
Uhmmm.. What? What is welded? or what are you welding?
There is a C clip that you have to take out in order to get the rod out. A bunch of the masters that i have replaced come with the wrong rod so you need to reuse the old rod, depending on which one you get. (the N/T ones are a different rod.)
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
tpunx99GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009   #18
viridionplague

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpunx99GSX View Post
Uhmmm.. What? What is welded? or what are you welding?
There is a C clip that you have to take out in order to get the rod out. A bunch of the masters that i have replaced come with the wrong rod so you need to reuse the old rod, depending on which one you get. (the N/T ones are a different rod.)
currently i have a nut welded onto the pivot arm on the clutch pedal for extra room to adjust, to account for slop, im going to have the clutch pedal assembly welded so there isnt any slop in it, hence no need for the extra nut.

the new master came with a new pivot arm and rod so i dont have to worry about having the wrong pieces
Old 11-23-2009   #19
4seasons69

well from what i've heard this isn't the first time he's done something like this and likes to try and get as much as he can out of a person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blageo23 View Post
Why dont you split it, $15. He did after all come TO YOU in your time of need and tried to help you. I think his gas and time is worth more then nothing. Just my $.02
that sounds fair enough to me. consider what i've heard about him and the fact I wasted my time and gas so he could find out the threads were messed up I'll give him $15 take it or leave it
Old 11-23-2009   #20
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g

While I like to be fair as I can, I can honestly say I am disappointed in this wave of people that don't seem to want to do shit themselves.

Sadly my friend as I learned the hard way is that not all DSMers are nice guys.
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote