Send a message via AIM to 123abc Send a message via MSN to 123abc
Re: All Mitsu Cookout -- Sunday, August 24th, 2008

Here are my pics from the Cookout:

Remarkably stock:

FWD Represent':

Heading all the way back:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93GSX5SD
I'll second that. Its your car your choice. Enjoy your dsm experience.
123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008   #122
Matt D.
Shit Rocket Pilot

Drives: 2003 Evolution VIII
Send a message via ICQ to Matt D. Send a message via AIM to Matt D. Send a message via MSN to Matt D. Send a message via Yahoo to Matt D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydsm View Post
Where was everyone? Seemed like we were missing a lot of people...
I was busy autocrossing, there were also 3 other Evos there that probably would have been at the cookout otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9guy9 View Post
After driving 100 miles each way on Sat for the dyno/swap meet I lost the desire to spend another 4 hours making the same drive the next day. I liked the idea of the dyno/swap but if possible it would be nice to have it all on the same day next year. Mabey a dyno in the morning and do the cookout in the afternoon for a supper instead of lunch.
I didn't mind the two-day dealio, I couldn't make the cookout so it gave me a chance to hang out with people elsewhere. Had I been attending the cookout I would have gladly opened my doors and let you and another person or two crash on a couch or something.

This was the first year of the whole weekend event, I'm sure Curt will tweak it for next year.

03 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Every minute you spend in your Evo, not in boost, is a minute of your life you'll never get back.
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008   #123
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

I had fun, it was a beautiful day; I was there from 10-4:30 or so. My one suggestion would be to wrap things up a bit faster towards the end since it seemed like a lot of people left before the trophies were handed out.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008   #124
9guy9
Dumb and...........

Another thing I have thought each year is someone should get a pic of each of the trophy winning cars, so we can see who won. Even years that I have been there when the trophies are handed out you don't know who owns what car.
Old 08-25-2008   #125
A//// Guy

Bloody Seal Bounce Champion!
Drives: Slowly

The day definitely needs to be shorter, I also noticed alot of people left before the trophies were handed out. 10-2 or 12-4 would be plenty of time for the show.
A//// Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008   #126
BLaCk_1cE

Drives: TB IX SE

everyones cars are looking good sucks i missed it in person.
BLaCk_1cE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008   #127
dark_vr4

it was pretty fun, but i left around 3pm. thats a picture of my black vr4 up there.
dark_vr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008   #128
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g

I was only at the cookout for about an hour, enough to see the cars and a few people, i agree, cookout and dyno in one day would be sick.
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008   #129
scheides
flips McGee

We already have those, they're called dyno days
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008   #130
jrohner

Drives: 91GSX; 98 GSX; 92 Tsi AWD; Kawasaki ZR7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9guy9 View Post
Another thing I have thought each year is someone should get a pic of each of the trophy winning cars, so we can see who won. Even years that I have been there when the trophies are handed out you don't know who owns what car.
Definitely, that would be really nice. A picture of the person with their car & trophy posted here.

Are the dyno results and some pics from the dyno day going to be posted? I saw the results written on that marker board, but I don't think all of them were on there.

Fun times, thanks to everyone who was part of putting it together. The dyno day and cruise afterwards were especially fun.
jrohner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008   #131
curt_gendron

Quote:
Originally Posted by M/// Guy View Post
The day definitely needs to be shorter, I also noticed alot of people left before the trophies were handed out. 10-2 or 12-4 would be plenty of time for the show.
The fact that there were 30+ cars there by 10:30am when the event doesn't even start until 11am tells me that the event is the right length. If anyone feels like its too long, then show up a little later. I go to a lot of shows. Five hours is about right for me. If its a six hour show, I'll usually show up an hour late. If you think the Cookout should be an hour shorter, then show up at Noon. You won't miss anything.

Based on how things went this year, I doubt I'll make it a full weekend event next year. We were 32 cars less this year. (134 total Mitsus) I'm very disappointed in the car numbers, and the fact that I barely broke even this year. And to top all of that off, there were more cars in the lot that didn't bother to register.

I'll also make this promise. If next year's numbers are not above the 160 from 2007, the 2009 Cookout will be the last one.

I will post up all the dyno numbers and trophy winners, but it won't be today.
Old 08-25-2008   #132
bluntedelvis
Click,Click,BOOM!!!

Curt, the all green 3k with lambo doors was taking video on the way home and we encountered a rocket on freeway pulling wheelies. Do you know this person and if so whats the chance of seeing the video? Also would like to thank you and all your people for all your hard work to put on such an awsome event just hope next year we blow your expectations out of the water..
Old 08-25-2008   #133
twack
It was a auto get over it

Drives: something better then you
Send a message via AIM to twack

Ya i hear a grumble hear and there about numbers and time but all that aside I had a great time met some cool people and am glad that the event was held. Thanks again
twack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008   #134
9guy9
Dumb and...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt_gendron View Post
The fact that there were 30+ cars there by 10:30am when the event doesn't even start until 11am tells me that the event is the right length. If anyone feels like its too long, then show up a little later. I go to a lot of shows. Five hours is about right for me. If its a six hour show, I'll usually show up an hour late. If you think the Cookout should be an hour shorter, then show up at Noon. You won't miss anything.

Based on how things went this year, I doubt I'll make it a full weekend event next year. We were 32 cars less this year. (134 total Mitsus) I'm very disappointed in the car numbers, and the fact that I barely broke even this year. And to top all of that off, there were more cars in the lot that didn't bother to register.

I'll also make this promise. If next year's numbers are not above the 160 from 2007, the 2009 Cookout will be the last one.

I will post up all the dyno numbers and trophy winners, but it won't be today.

Its obvious you put a LOT of your time and effort into making this happen each year. Even if everyone doesn't let you know we all appreciate it.

Does it really matter if theres 160 or 130 cars there? Either way thats a lot of Mitsu owners and fans getting to show off their baby's and checkout other peoples. The years I have made it to the cookout I have really enjoyed it.

I am not sure of the reason it has been moved to the school (I would guess more space). I thought it was more fun when it was at the museum. Hanging out on the grass on a nice summer day is much more fun that walking around on hot blacktop.
Old 08-25-2008   #135
123abc
wants to be sideways...

Drives: Loud cars
Send a message via AIM to 123abc Send a message via MSN to 123abc

If you want to make sure everyone registers, have a system setup where you gotta register before you can park.

If the numbers are still low, jack the price up a few bucks. I wouldn't bother paying 10 bucks. It's a lot of work to put these gatherings together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93GSX5SD
I'll second that. Its your car your choice. Enjoy your dsm experience.
123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008   #136
Onefast99gsx

Hi Curt- Have you ever had the cookout on a Saturday or thought about doing it that day of the week instead of Sunday. I'm from central WI and I'd consider going then. I just don't like making long journey's on a Sunday. Perhaps you should do a poll to see if you'd get more out of state interest if it were a Saturday. If it works out for most people to keep it on Sundays then that's fine too. It would be nicer if it were more closer to the border such as Woodbury or something. I think you'd get more people like myself from WI. Rogers is just over 3 hours from my driveway. Just stating some thoughts is all.

Last edited by Onefast99gsx; 08-25-2008 at 09:28 PM..
Onefast99gsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008   #137
sleepydsm
Kevin

Send a message via AIM to sleepydsm

I think this was a good cookout, I don't think it's too long either! Curt, thanks for all you do.
Currently on Corvette #4
sleepydsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008   #138
AJ
Area code 166 represent

Send a message via AIM to AJ Send a message via Yahoo to AJ

160 cars or 100 cars, Curt, I'd keep it going. It is "the" MN mitsu event and even thus who don't own them anymore enjoy the photos and the times we can make the trip out to look. As EVOs continue to drop in price you'll probably see them replacing some more of the 1Gs and 2Gs.

Lots of nice looking EVOs in those pics btw.
Old 08-25-2008   #139
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15

It was the perfect length for me, we were there for two hours. I'd agree on maybe having someone collect the cash at the parking lot entrance, kinda like at the track, to keep everyone honest and pay up.

We had a good time, thanks for putting it on Curt!
2017 GMC Yukon-Current winter hooptie

Goat Blower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #140
curt_gendron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Blower View Post
It was the perfect length for me, we were there for two hours. I'd agree on maybe having someone collect the cash at the parking lot entrance, kinda like at the track, to keep everyone honest and pay up.

We had a good time, thanks for putting it on Curt!
Thats got me thinking. Maybe next year, I'll have someone collect the cash at the entrance and give the people a voucher so they can finish there registration at the tent. I just hate to have to do that for the 5% of people who can't figure things out or just don't want to pay.

As far as doing it on a Saturday. I'd also prefer to do it on a Saturday, and we have had it on Saturdays in the past. It doesn't seem to affect attendance either way. This year I chose Sunday, because the Bemidji rally was going on Saturday, and the auto-x guys told me originally that they'd skip the Corvette auto-x on Sunday. (there was a MAC auto-x on Saturday)

Thanks for the compliments guys,
Curt