MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic

Old 05-16-2006   #1
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g
Exclamation 4:25am, still no sleep!!

So there are two main points of this thread.

1. I can't sleep, i have been only able to fall asleep at about 2am or so, and everyday it gets later and later, i have no idea why this is, but it started about 2 weeks ago.

2. Tomorrow i plan on waking up early (if i do go to sleep, as i can hear birds waking now) to work on my car to do the following: Install B16, 2g mani, 2g O2, 550s, 2G mas (made the custom harness 3 am the other morning), if parts arrived tomorrow, then Walbro 255, and Aero AFPR, oh yeah and DSMlink. Oh and finally i should be getting a zeitronix wideband to make sure everything is ok b4 i even move the car.

I don't know what is wrong with me not being able to sleep, i just hope that it ends soon, it could be the excitement of doing this stuff, but who knows.

Well since i am pretty much a noob, and just a nice guy. If anyone is in the Blaine area tomorrow, feel free to stop by.
I live off 131st ave & Hwy 65. Just north of 242 (go east on 131st, u won't miss it trust me, i'm the third house on the left after stop sign)
My # is in the phone number thread if interested.

Thx for the space, wish me luck.
Aaron
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006   #2
Jakey
Asshat King

Send a message via MSN to Jakey
Re: 4:25am, still no sleep!!

Go to the chiropractor and see if your back is messed up.

Proud to be a Cyclone

Check it out: Racers Against Street Racing
Jakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006   #3
turbo2086

Send a message via MSN to turbo2086

Excited, or stressed about something? Pig out on a lot of food. Once you eat a lot, more of your blood moves to the digestive system. Less blood in the brain. Thats why everyone wants to take a nap after a really big lunch.
turbo2086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006   #4
ABV
Admin

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo2086
Excited, or stressed about something? Pig out on a lot of food. Once you eat a lot, more of your blood moves to the digestive system. Less blood in the brain. Thats why everyone wants to take a nap after a really big lunch.
That is not good advice. I have a meeting to go to now, I'll explain more later.

Last edited by ABV; 05-16-2006 at 09:13 AM..
ABV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006   #5
scheides
flips McGee

Damn, sounds like a lot for one day! My advice would be to do stuff one step at a time. That way when the car does not start when you're all finished up, you have less to troubleshoot. Once that's done, move on to the next project!
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006   #6
blageo23
AWD4G64

Send a message via AIM to blageo23

That is alot to do. Thats a good Idea scheides, Thats what kevin keeps telling me to do but I never do. Also you dont mess up as much when you get sleep. I try to never work on my car when Im tired. Good luck with the projects!
blageo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006   #7
ABV
Admin

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Champion!

If you google "Insomnia" you can find alot of sites with tips to help with sleeplesness. Things like setting a regular sleep schedule (even on weekends), not eating food or working out in the hour or two before you go to sleep, avoiding caffine in the afternoon (it can stay in your system for up to 12 hours.) Eating a small, low protien snack may help, but you should avoid heavy meals late in the evening. Some people may experience restlessness while your body tries to digest all that food, keeping you awake. Working out will raise your heart rate for a few hours, which is good in general, but will not help you fall asleep.
ABV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006   #8
iceminion

Send a message via AIM to iceminion

you know, while i was in basic training, EVERYBODY fell asleep EXACTLY when they were told....my advice: allow yourself 7(or 5 if you are really hardcore) hours of sleep a day and exercise for an hour or so, get really tired, and then you are gonna be able to fall asleep within minutes of putting your head down on the pillow
Old 05-16-2006   #9
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g

thx for the great response, it is appreciated. I finally fell asleep for about an 1 1/2 hrs or so at like 5:30am. I am feeling ok so far today. But i have only been up for 3 hrs.
I just got done removing the old turbo a while ago, about 1.5 hrs on that, i got hung up on some stuff. Now i am putting the new mani & shit together.

I definitely gonna do one thing at a time so that i don't get messed up. thx for the advice on that.

Hmm, yeah i was in basic too, actually that fucked me up cause i used to be able to get along on like 5 hrs of sleep, then when i got back if i didn't get 8 hrs a night i was dragging, iraq mad it even worse cause i would sleep from the heat and to pass time when possible.

Well i gotta get back to this and get as much done as i can.
Thx again, much appreciated input from you all.
Hope to see you tonight at Applebee's.
Aaron
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006   #10
iceminion

Send a message via AIM to iceminion

really? you were in iraq? what time/date/location? I was @ Balad (anaconda) in 2004