MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Classifieds > Non-Mitsu for sale

Old 01-31-2014   #1
SlowWhite
Been there, done that.

Send a message via AIM to SlowWhite
2001 silver bmw 740il w/sport package and nav

Ill get the exact specifics tomorrow but here's a general run down.

Car has I believe 146k miles, basially 2 family owned. My dad bought it from the original owner with onky 28k mikes on it. I have most of the maintenance records for the cara entire life.

I got it from my mother after my dad passed. Unfortunetly last year was pretty rough for the car.
Wife was hit in the back passengerside tire (hit and run, but police caught the lady 2 miles down the road, got kucky just so happened all the stop lights were out so they had a cop at each intersection)
Het insurance replacrd all the suspension, replaced the rim and tire as well as fix all the body damage but a penny sized dent right by the tail light. But once we got it back they kept stalling on picking the car back up and now they refuse to fix it.
The front passenger side suspension also has something going on( insurance company recused to accept that slidding a car sideways would cause any issue to the front) but when you drive it occasionally it feels like the car wants to pull to the right for a second then goes back to normal. Not sure if its a ball joiny ot what

Also during that accident my wife spilled her coffee all over the dash and steering wheel. (Again they refused to fix it) the buttons on the steering wheel work but they stick. And the transmission now when you first start the car starts in "manual" mode vs "auto" there's a button by the shifter thats causing this supposedly its $80 for the switch. But all you have to do now is push the button and it goes back to auto. Its just annoying to have to do i t everytime you start the car.

Tape deck doesn't work, but the 6 disk changer in the trunk works fine as well as the navi and everything else

My wife also grazzed a deer in the front passengerside fender.
Bent the hood , fender, broke the turnsignal, and one of the halo rings in the headlight came loose.
I've found all the parts in wisc off another silver 740 total cost to fix this would be around $800 if you do the work.

Also my sin pulled the rear driverside window shade out to far so now it won't roll back up
And the kids ( I have three) were allowed to eat in the backseat via my wife so there are probably stains on the carpet.

These cars go for 7500-9000 in good working order. I'm asking $3500 obo,
To fix all the issues its probably $4000 so that would put me at the 7500 range.
1992 GSX - sold
1996 GST - sold
1995 GSX - sold
Best 1/4 - 11.7 on 93oct
Best 1/4 MPH - 120mph
SlowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014   #2
SlowWhite
Been there, done that.

Re: 2001 silver bmw 740il w/sport package and nav

Anyone wanting picts pm me with your email. Cant seem to load from my phone
1992 GSX - sold
1996 GST - sold
1995 GSX - sold
Best 1/4 - 11.7 on 93oct
Best 1/4 MPH - 120mph
Old 04-24-2014   #3
SlowWhite
Been there, done that.

Re: 2001 silver bmw 740il w/sport package and nav

Update on the car price os now $5500

Installed last weeks ago
new.alternator $1200
New battery $200
New front suspension/control arms $1700
New front passengerside tire $189 (rest have under 1000 miles on them)
New brakes all around $450

I have found a silver 740 at mrytle beach that is being parted out by a master bmw mechanic. I'm hopefully (weather permitting) going to be headed down there this weekend to get all the parts I need to pit this car back at 100% interior and exterior. At which time price will go up again.
1992 GSX - sold
1996 GST - sold
1995 GSX - sold
Best 1/4 - 11.7 on 93oct
Best 1/4 MPH - 120mph