MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Tuning/Electrical

Old 08-03-2014   #1
9K2.0

Drives: 95 Talon -2.0 6Bolt, SC61, AWD
2G Ecmlink V3 Connection Problems..

So I just finished up my AWD swap in my 95 Talon and traded some parts i had for ecmlink v3. I pluged it in and tried connecting my laptop to it and it won't connect. I did some research and can't really pinpoint the problem. At this point I'm sure that the ecu is receiving the signal from my laptop but not communicating back with the laptop.

The car will start with link but it runs like garbage as I figured it would, its super rich but it starts and is firing on all cylinders so I don't think there's anything wrong with the ecu or even the cable for that matter. When I inspected the ecu everything looked great inside, no leaking caps etc.

So here is what I have and what I've tried so far...

I have a crappy Acer laptop with windows 7 starter edition, I've installed and reinstalled the ecmlink program and driver utility for the cable. I made sure it was on the proper port and that the cable was connected properly to the computer. I checked the pins on the cable and also on my obd2 port for corrosion or bent pins.

I was looking on the internet for testing voltage on the obd2 pins and this is where I'm thinking my problem might be... With the car off but the key in the ON posiition, using pin 5 as the ground I have:

12.8v @ Pin 16
4.78v @ Pin 1

Now I read that if pin 1 is under 5v it could cause connection issues, but what could cause this? I do have the battery relocated to the trunk but the battery that's in there at the moment is a deep cycle marine / rv battery. When the car is running I have 14.3v at the battery.

Now just the other night I was staying late after work and connected a snap on modis scan tool to see if it would communicate and it did but it seemed laggy in receiving info back, also the scan tool kept telling me that my battery was low. At the time I didn't think to test voltage at the battery when the scan tool was plugged in but I will probably test it on Monday when when I get back to work.

Any thoughts or ideas? Has anyone else had this problem? Also this might be a strange question but could having either your TPS or airbag module disconnected possibly cause this? Is there anyway it could have got messed up when doing the AWD swap? (Im having some issues with my gas gauge not working now, low fuel light still comes on but im thinking i must have wired the sending unit wire up wrong...)

Any tips, tricks, ideas or help is appreciated.

BTW The car is a 95 Tsi with a 6 bolt, no emissions, C.O.P Setup, Innovate WB, and a maf-t. That about sums up the electrical mods other then a slight wire tuck. I will be doing speed density when I get a few of the gremlins worked out but for now I want it to run on the maf translator

Thanks in advance, I would post on the link forums but haven't got around to emailing them about setting up an account sense I got it used.

Got Traction?
9K2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014   #2
9K2.0

Drives: 95 Talon -2.0 6Bolt, SC61, AWD
Re: 2G Ecmlink V3 Connection Problems..

Nobody has any ideas? Is there anyone that's had this happen to them? I've searched the internet and haven't come up with much.

Does anyone know where I can get a 2g ecu pinout that shows the different voltages of the individual pins so I know what I should have at each pin?

Thanks

Got Traction?
9K2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote