MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Classifieds > Non-Mitsu for sale

Old 11-01-2010   #1
FattyBoomBatty
Banned

Drives: Conquest
1998 Ford Expedition 5.4L, 2wd for sale: $3k

Hey everyone, I'm trying to sell my Expedition since I don't need it anymore. I may have listed it here before, but since then a few things have been replaced such as tires. All new Pirelli scorpion tires, new alternator within a year and a half, new battery and connectors, all new ball joints in the front. I've replaced two ignition coils since I've had it back in the twin cities (since '08) and it runs really well with no stumbles or missing.

It's the Eddie Bauer edition so you get leather, a decent sound system with a factory sub, a 6 disc changer, and two tone body color. The body itself is in really good condition with only a couple bad spots. There is a blemish on the rear door, and at the bottom on the side, behind the passenger rear wheel is a scratch from a guy's snow plow. The rest of the body is good with minimal scuffing. It's probably worth closer to what KBB says, which is $4000, but 4k doesn't sell, so it's at 3K which is pretty similar or better than the average listing prices for trucks with this kind of milage in this condition.

Speaking of milage, it's got 151 thousand and some change. The bad stuff is that it needs a slight alignment and new brake rotors and probably pads. The front rotors are slightly warped so there is a bit of pulsation on braking. Beyond that, nothing mechanical, save for the rear window wiper, but it's rear wheel drive. If you don't plan on driving through a mud pit, this doesn't matter. I've never gotten it stuck, and have always been able to get through deep snow without issue. It's a good tow vehicle since it has the bigger engine, it's lower than the 4WD version, so it actually looks good (not aiming at the sky) and fits in parking garages that the jacked up version wouldn't.

I will get pictures and post them today, but for now I have to get to work!
FattyBoomBatty is offline   Reply With Quote