Go Back   MitsuStyle > Tech > Turbo / Engine / Drivetrain

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2005   #121
StealthGST

Send a message via AIM to StealthGST Send a message via MSN to StealthGST
Re: 50 trim in - lot's of smoke from exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKs50trimGST
We had the turbo put on the 6-bolt, it was fine until the car warmed up and then huge amounts of oil and aluminum smoke could be seen. he drove the car 5 miles without spooling past 10 pounds of boost. He took off the turbo and there was a lot of shaftplay going in and out, the wheel was grinding up against the intake inlet(causing the aluminum smoke). the oil was brand new and the oil was contaminated with just aluminum from the wheel grinding, i've looked up tons of info on this and there's no doubt that the turbo was just bad. I'm bringing the turbo to elite tomorrow so they can send it out to PTE to get a new one and the bad turbo looked at.
So your first engine killed your engine and this turbo, and then you put the turbo on your new engine so it can ruin that one too? I don't get it
Old 05-30-2005   #122
Raptor
ConArtist

Aluminum smoke? Okay, I have been welding it, cutting it and machining it for well over 20 years and I have yet to see aluminum itself smoke. Oil on aluminum smokes as does anything else on it burning, but aluminum itself doesn't smoke. There is a bit of confusion in every post you make, so like Allan mentioned, take a few extra minutes and check your posts for grammar as well as logic. You will get a lot more respect.
Old 05-30-2005   #123
BKs50trimGST
Post whore

Send a message via AIM to BKs50trimGST

no seriously, there was a green haze along with the oil smoke coming form the exhaust, it was burning the little bits and pieces from the wheel grinding against the intake inlet of the turbo.
Old 05-30-2005   #124
Jakey
Asshat King

Send a message via MSN to Jakey

I think you should call PTE directly, feed them all this you've posted here, and see how far you get. Here's their number: 219-996-7832. You could even ask for Brian directly as I know he spends time on Tuners and speaks up when speaking up on behalf of PTE is necessary.

Does anyone else have a headache from this thread?

Proud to be a Cyclone

Check it out: Racers Against Street Racing
Old 05-30-2005   #125
BKs50trimGST
Post whore

Send a message via AIM to BKs50trimGST

OK, maybe i misheard about the green haze but i believe Shindley told me that's what he saw, he talks alot and sometimes you get things mixed up with what he says. No reason to call PTE, i've already talked to Elite and they'd take care of it I guess.
Old 05-30-2005   #126
TheBlizzard

Drives: Too Many
Send a message via AIM to TheBlizzard Send a message via MSN to TheBlizzard

Ok I have heard about enough crap from this thread. I am locking this thread until he hears from Elite/PTE. Once he hears from Elite/PTE regarding his turbo and the reason it failed and I get a PM with the results I will re open this thread and then it can be discussed. Until then BKs50trimGST just breathe that 'green' haze and chill.
Closed Thread