MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > Project Talk

View Poll Results: Where do I go from here? (now that all of the children have grown up...)
Build the X 17 56.67%
No one wants a $60k evo with high monthly payments, get out now and buy a 9. 13 43.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2011   #1321
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51
Re: Dave's Evo X Build/The Life of Dave blog

My guess is the BOV.
Kracka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #1322
Murlo26

Drives: 17 Honda Accord

In talks with FID for testing of their manifold on the X

He is going to talk with Shane then get back to me....might be pulling it outta the garage sooner rather than later to go to Shane for a day then back to the garage.

Who wants to buy a MAP ported/coated Mani

Better question, who wants to help swap the mani in my garage, ill get a space heater and beer, lots of beer and pizza too
Murlo26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #1323
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlo26 View Post
Who wants to buy a MAP ported/coated Mani
ME ME ME ME ME ME! PM me a price please.
Kracka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #1324
Murlo26

Let me figure out if FID is even going to work with me first...still not for sure yet...
Old 01-06-2011   #1325
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g

I'm down to wrench homie! (deep pimp voice)
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #1326
mlomker
*Resting In Peace*

Drives: 94 Plymouth Acclaim/2008 EvoX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlo26 View Post
Let me figure out if FID is even going to work with me first.
If they do then could you get them to return my stock manifold? scheides sent mine in for them to make a prototype and then they got pissed at him. I am now out a core...not cool since they sell for like $200.

kracka--It's official, Lomker sucks at chicks!
mlomker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #1327
goodhart
Transmission destroyer

Drives: G37, 91 TSi
Send a message via MSN to goodhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlomker View Post
If they do then could you get them to return my stock manifold? scheides sent mine in for them to make a prototype and then they got pissed at him. I am now out a core...not cool since they sell for like $200.
Wat? link? story?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
I swing from the nuts of cold hard data. Anything less is a guess.
goodhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #1328
scheides
flips McGee

Lomker I still owe you that and have a pile of your stuff, I haven't forgotten about you! FiD kinda stopped talking to me after we published the MAP manifold results. I think in the real world the results would be very similar, and the two companies produce wicked-awesome products of exceptional quality.

If you can get in with FiD Dave, do it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
...I realized that I can't keep up my shit talking without anything to back it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
S2000: For those of us that know the Miata is the best car on the planet, but also want extra power and to not have to turn in our man cards.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011   #1329
Murlo26

We will see where this goes...it would really be nice to get this FID one for testing as it would eliminate me having to choose between MAP/Full Race/CBRD manifolds

I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 01-28-2011   #1330
Murlo26

Well FID never got back to me so that avenue is gone. Oh well, maybe I will buy the FID/MAP mani off of Scheides, hopefully for a deal when he is done testing.

However, just saw this thread this morning...

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-x-d...ck-521whp.html

It's a new FPblack X that apparently they want to break the Evo X FPblack "world record", lol. The guys at AWD are all about saying they have records, but they are decent guys.

Until this thread, I didn't really think about it, but I technically have the highest HP stock frame turbo out there for the X, kinda funny.

Honestly though, I never considered it a record, because well I am comparing it to what like 1 or 2 other FPblack cars, lol. Not much of a record on such a new car/turbo but what the heck I guess its mine.

Looks like the extra mods they have really really help the car so I just got the mod bug again.

I am going to try and sell my wheels I think locally of course and pick up some stock rims or something light and cheap and use the extra money to buy a few mods so I have something to look forward to this spring/summer
Old 01-28-2011   #1331
scheides
flips McGee

You know you have first dibs on my second manifold dude, don't dispare :P

I talked to diiirk about that car last night and he kept getting some sort of a fuel cut after the maf was maxed out at 4.999 for 1000+rpm, right around 7000rpm. So yea, needs a bigger maf housing find a way to turn off or delay that boost cut I guess

Congrats on your newfound record
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
...I realized that I can't keep up my shit talking without anything to back it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JV
S2000: For those of us that know the Miata is the best car on the planet, but also want extra power and to not have to turn in our man cards.
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011   #1332
goodhart
Transmission destroyer

Drives: G37, 91 TSi
Send a message via MSN to goodhart

Quote:
So yea, needs a bigger maf housing find a way to turn off or delay that boost cut I guess
Better talk them into a Primo 3.5" intake

Quote:
I swing from the nuts of cold hard data. Anything less is a guess.
goodhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011   #1333
Murlo26

Quote:
You know you have first dibs on my second manifold dude, don't dispare :P

I talked to diiirk about that car last night and he kept getting some sort of a fuel cut after the maf was maxed out at 4.999 for 1000+rpm, right around 7000rpm. So yea, needs a bigger maf housing find a way to turn off or delay that boost cut I guess

Congrats on your newfound record
Thanks, lol. I don't forsee it lasting long though, but its nice while it lasts.

I'd rather have a 10 second pass and be the first stock frame turbo with street tires into the 10's. But maybe I can have both some day.

when you testing the FID one? You coating that one too?

PM me what you are thinking for price on one of those i suppose, maybe I can make something happen before spring...I'll have to go pull my stock ported one and ship it to Kracka.
Old 02-15-2011   #1334
Murlo26

A bit of an update:

Scheides stopped by last Saturday with my CAS sensor that I borrowed him late one night when he was stuck on the dyno for his manifold testing. We (Scheides really with me slowly understanding it, lol) threw the CAS back in and my MAF that was still out from when we tried it on Scheides car back a few months ago when he was starting up his car for the first time.

Scheides also brought me oil changing presents...a pan, funnel and the strap to get the filter off..thanks again for that buddy!

Anyway, i had been charging my battery the past two weeks, on and off a few times trying to get it to hold a charge to no avail. So finally I jumped the car after Scheides left and got her running.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQp-EOFTQOI&hd=1

Right when I shut if off after 45 mins or so...dead, battery instantly was down (same thing that happened after charging it with my charger, said it was charged, shut off and bam nothing). There was a weird problem with it while it was running and I am guessing it noticed the charging system was running the car and the battery was sucking.
Hopefully the check light that was popping up goes away with a good battery.

Anyway, I pulled the AMS small battery out (keep in mind I stupidly left it on the car this winter so far, for like 3-3.5 months or so, so it is probably dead) and brought it to MAP today to see if the posts on the AMS one would work on MAP's small battery. That was a negative as they were different styles, so i am getting another AMS one by tomorrow or Thursday at the latest.

I also tried charging the battery last night and monitored the voltage with my multimeter. It was under 5V when I first pulled it off and it got to over 7V when the charger was charging, but the charger didn't want to fully charge it and right when I pulled it off you could literally watch the voltage drop...so yea pretty sure its toast.

I also stopped at DB last week to pick up an oil filter and more oil (the high zinc stuff for the FP black that is recommended). They only had one bottle of it though, so I grabbed that so I could top off my oil system as it was a little low and will get more this week when they get it in stock and change the oil later.

Anyway, all of this is being done to get the car to MAP this week as its awesomely nice out so I can drive it there without worrying about losing control with my summer tires on there. MAP is going to be using my car to essentially repeat the test Scheides did on his car. They want to see it for themselves and to gather more data etc etc so I said I could get mine up there this week which is what i am attempted to do.

It's been a pain trying to coordinate with work, finding a ride back to my house, insurance and my battery ordeal but it should get there safely Thursday after work is the plan. Then Scheides said he'd come to MAP when we put it on the dyno to help with the monitoring side of things as he knows more about that then I do and since he'd done the first test would be cool to have him there overseeing things for legitimacy sake (i don't doubt the DB test myself, but more tuning on the MAP mani before could have yielded the same results, which is what we hope to find out).

So I will be buying Scheides' MAP tubular mani from him to repeat this test. I plan to do this on the DD tune Shane did for me and monitor it closely as we run it as the tubular mani will probably add a fair bit of power. I am expecting up to 30whp from it as Scheides saw 40whp but that was a totally stock mani. It will be interesting to see for sure.

Then when all is said and done we will toss it on the Track tune 37psi and see if 600whp can be snapped. This makes me a bit nervous as the tune is aggressive but 1 or 2 runs should be fine as long as we watch for knock

I am excited to say the least.
Old 02-15-2011   #1335
Shane@DBPerformance
formerly ecoli

Send a message via AIM to Shane@DBPerformance

Drain that tank and put in some fresh E70 before you go too crazy.
Old 02-15-2011   #1336
Murlo26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane@DBPerformance View Post
Drain that tank and put in some fresh E70 before you go too crazy.
That was why I ran it for 45 mins on Saturday, tank draining. When I get a new battery I will run it until its empty and pick up some new gas for sure.
Old 02-15-2011   #1337
Shane@DBPerformance
formerly ecoli

Maybe MAP has some E98 that you could use to get it back to around an E85 mix, instead of the E70.
Old 02-15-2011   #1338
Murlo26

Quote:
Maybe MAP has some E98 that you could use to get it back to around an E85 mix, instead of the E70.
I was never tuned on E85 though...it was October straight E70 winter mix when we tested it on the dyno.

Did you think it was actual E85? Or just want closer to E85 for safety or something?
Old 02-15-2011   #1339
Shane@DBPerformance
formerly ecoli

Oh, I didn't remember what it was on.
Old 02-15-2011   #1340
Murlo26

Quote:
Oh, I didn't remember what it was on.
Ah, k cool. That's what I figured

Tags
casual mention of an evo, cold little murlo, daves sexcapades, flip flop, flip flopppp, hotdog crank polishing, manifold butthurt?, sexy time.