MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic

Old 06-09-2006   #1
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX
Car problems....

Not sure which forum to put this in.
On my lunch break today we were on our way and i was driving normal when all of the sudden the CEL comes on and the car starts having problems accelerating, it is still building boost but is shaking really hard and not wanting to go faster. im able to shift gears just fine but its still having problems reving.
So i pull into a gas station and look under the hood, Nothing seems out of place, i check the intercooler piping and that seams ok, theres no gas leaks or oil leaks or coolent leaks, the temp is normal. so i try to start it again and it starts right up and revs just fine.
I start driving again and the shit starts happening again after about 30 seconds of driving. I was on a kind of busy road so i turn the car off and coast a little then start the car and put it in gear and again its reving fine. It did that all the way to the resturant and back to work.
After work im going to put the link on and see what the CEL is pulling.
Im really confused on this one, can you guys try and shed some light on this.
Thanks
Tom
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
tpunx99GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006   #2
copper_gst

Re: Car problems....

I would assume that it's either a fuel filter or a o2 sensor. But i've been wrong before.
copper_gst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006   #3
xveganxcowboyx
Wanker

Drives: 95 M3

Sounds like an air issue to me. I've had similar problems with boost leaks, disconnected intake hoses and a bad MAF. I would lean towards something like the MAF or O2 if it runs all right for a bit before flipping out.
xveganxcowboyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006   #4
tpunx99GSX

Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX

So its prolly not a head gasket right? LOL thats my worst fear.
Whats wierd is it wasnt doing it at all this morning or last night or ever before but then i went to the gas station this morning, filled up and then went to work and it just happened on lunch. It wouldnt happen to be a bad tank of gas would it?
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
Old 06-09-2006   #5
Jakey
Asshat King

Send a message via MSN to Jakey

What's the error code?

Proud to be a Cyclone

Check it out: Racers Against Street Racing
Jakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006   #6
tpunx99GSX

Ok i just went out and pulled the code, its coming back with 0300 random misfire detected. Can someone go on the dsmlink site and check what that means, we havent gotten my account set up with them yet.
Old 06-09-2006   #7
carltalon

Drives: 98 Eclipse GSX Auto
Send a message via AIM to carltalon Send a message via Yahoo to carltalon

Ive had simmiler problems with bad plug wires or bad plugs. That would go along with your missfire too.
Old 06-09-2006   #8
tpunx99GSX

Yeha i just googled it and it said likely its the plugs and plug wires. Ill have to limp it to Pep boys and change them out.
Old 06-09-2006   #9
Jakey
Asshat King

Send a message via MSN to Jakey

Pep boys to change plugs and wires?

Proud to be a Cyclone

Check it out: Racers Against Street Racing
Jakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006   #10
tpunx99GSX

I cruised over to Napa after work and changed the plug wires and Plugs and that corrected the problem.
Does anyone know if i need receipts to warrenty a set of Magnacore Spark Plug wires?