View Single Post
Old 09-13-2014   #6
goodhart
Transmission destroyer

Drives: G37, 91 TSi
Send a message via MSN to goodhart
Re: Advanced Lower Engine - Decisions, decisions...

10k should give you enough for a monster build! If you're leaning towards an auto I'd go with a 2.3 or 2.4, better powerband and You should be able to get up on the stall a little easier vs a 2.0. Now days it seems if you build them right it doesn't really matter too much whether you build a 6 or 7 bolt. I would think It'd be easier to find 4g64 stuff vs g4cs? Everyone seems to go with Manley rods in their builds, they must work well enough, but Eagles have been holding 700HP for decades and the price is right. Just food for thought. For pistons, lots of Evo guys seem to run Manley's as well, I know Leasure runs the Wiseco HD's and they seem to hold up to the gobs of power he makes.

For the head I would use a 2g. From researching my build I found that port velocity is much more important than mass flow which is why I went with a 2g head. It's not like you're going to get choked out by running a 2g head (Kiggly runs one), they have a better runner path, and it is similar to an Evo 8/9 head in terms of runner size. There is a reason Mitsu chose to stick with the smaller runners. X's have even smaller runners IIRC. Seems like you have the other head stuff sorted out pretty well. When choosing springs, I would get your cams first so you know what kind of lift/etc you'll need to support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
I swing from the nuts of cold hard data. Anything less is a guess.
goodhart is offline   Reply With Quote