Thread: Laser Troubles
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2004   #1
Jakey
Asshat King

Send a message via MSN to Jakey
-1992 Laser, RS, AWD, 5 Speed, 6/4, ~96,500 miles
-Mods: K&N, Magnecore Wires, NGK Plugs

Problem: I left my car back at home a couple of weeks ago to get the gas tank replaced. Since then my parents have been driving it off and on. Of the numerous times they have driven it, the same problem has arisen: the car flat out runs like shit. From what they've told me, things will be going along fine and then the car just acts like it wants to die, sometimes to the point of killing. My Dad took the car to work today without problem, took it to lunch without incident, but then when he came home it tried to die on him over three seperate occassions. The same problem happened once to my mom the other day. The problem also arose once before getting the gas tank replaced so I was initially thinking fuel filter but the fuel filter was replaced when gas tanks were swapped. I doubt it is the fuel pump since it is an intermittent problem. I was thinking possibly the FPR or the TPS? I'm going home this weekend so hopefully I will be able to reproduce the problem and get a better handle on the symptons and what is going on with the car when the issue arises.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!!

Proud to be a Cyclone

Check it out: Racers Against Street Racing
Jakey is offline   Reply With Quote