View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008   #134
9guy9
Dumb and...........

Re: All Mitsu Cookout -- Sunday, August 24th, 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt_gendron View Post
The fact that there were 30+ cars there by 10:30am when the event doesn't even start until 11am tells me that the event is the right length. If anyone feels like its too long, then show up a little later. I go to a lot of shows. Five hours is about right for me. If its a six hour show, I'll usually show up an hour late. If you think the Cookout should be an hour shorter, then show up at Noon. You won't miss anything.

Based on how things went this year, I doubt I'll make it a full weekend event next year. We were 32 cars less this year. (134 total Mitsus) I'm very disappointed in the car numbers, and the fact that I barely broke even this year. And to top all of that off, there were more cars in the lot that didn't bother to register.

I'll also make this promise. If next year's numbers are not above the 160 from 2007, the 2009 Cookout will be the last one.

I will post up all the dyno numbers and trophy winners, but it won't be today.

Its obvious you put a LOT of your time and effort into making this happen each year. Even if everyone doesn't let you know we all appreciate it.

Does it really matter if theres 160 or 130 cars there? Either way thats a lot of Mitsu owners and fans getting to show off their baby's and checkout other peoples. The years I have made it to the cookout I have really enjoyed it.

I am not sure of the reason it has been moved to the school (I would guess more space). I thought it was more fun when it was at the museum. Hanging out on the grass on a nice summer day is much more fun that walking around on hot blacktop.