View Single Post
Old 08-25-2008   #131
curt_gendron

Re: All Mitsu Cookout -- Sunday, August 24th, 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by M/// Guy View Post
The day definitely needs to be shorter, I also noticed alot of people left before the trophies were handed out. 10-2 or 12-4 would be plenty of time for the show.
The fact that there were 30+ cars there by 10:30am when the event doesn't even start until 11am tells me that the event is the right length. If anyone feels like its too long, then show up a little later. I go to a lot of shows. Five hours is about right for me. If its a six hour show, I'll usually show up an hour late. If you think the Cookout should be an hour shorter, then show up at Noon. You won't miss anything.

Based on how things went this year, I doubt I'll make it a full weekend event next year. We were 32 cars less this year. (134 total Mitsus) I'm very disappointed in the car numbers, and the fact that I barely broke even this year. And to top all of that off, there were more cars in the lot that didn't bother to register.

I'll also make this promise. If next year's numbers are not above the 160 from 2007, the 2009 Cookout will be the last one.

I will post up all the dyno numbers and trophy winners, but it won't be today.