Thread: my new project
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013   #559
4seasons69

Drives: 1992 talon tsi 1995 corolla
Re: my new project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Is there a specific reason you just don't get a single proper fuel pump and be done with it?

I know we've discussed it before, but it just seems penny wise, pound foolish compared to a incomplete dyno session.
Well I wasn't expecting this to happen this time lol. Mostly for the simplicity of trying to stick with what was in the car and trying to get it on the road this year so I could have some fun with it.

Plus Shane was most of the single pumps that are big enough for my goals aren't very streetable. since this isn't a dedicated race car yet I'd like to keep it somewhat streetable.

And then most the single pumps large enough to support I would have to sump my tank or install a surge tank, and probably run bigger lines, new fuel rail, etc. So it's not just slapping in a pump ya know?

But I think just completely redoing the fuel system from the ground up is something I'm going to do this winter. I know a lot of people don't like fuelab but there pumps can be dropped in tank so it would make the transition a little easier. Idk

Also i will say if it's a pump that is the issue this time it's completely my fault cause I bought used pumps cause I was broke when I got these pumps and was trying to get the thing going

Last edited by 4seasons69; 08-15-2013 at 08:40 AM..
4seasons69 is offline   Reply With Quote