Thread: 2.3L vs 2.4L
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2006   #66
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr
Re: 2.3L vs 2.4L

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET
What are you considering "high horsepower"? Just because you want a powerband like that doesn't mean others do. You are just a theorist too, Swanny.

I agree that you have to make the engine work in the car. I know of someone else looking at making big HP in a car that is notorious for killing drivetrains. Pot, meet kettle.
I meant rpm, not horsepower. The dsm's just seem to "drop off" around 8k compared to other cars that have powerbands that keep climbing. For the record, I consider big power 700+hp.

I am a theorist, that is true. Everyone in this industry is. In defense of being a kettle... I am however making a go of my "drivetrain killing monster" to disprove theories. Everything in the world will shit out drivetrain when you try to double or triple the factory setup. Weak drivetrain? I have transfer case issues, and those are currently being resolved (or so we hope). The prototype transfercase come back this summer.
I was just saying, that I wouldn't do that setup. After weighing all the pro's and con's, it isn't worth it IMHO. Just my professional opinion on this subject, take it or leave it. But maybe I've never researched it??