Thread: Project Lex
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017   #1607
dogwhistle

Drives: Life's too short to drive boring cars.
Re: Project Lex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halon View Post
I didn't know that's what you drove. What's all done to it? I plan on swinging down there on Thursday over lunch, maybe I can check it out!
It's a 2013 FR-S Base with an unequal length header, e85/tune, wheels, tires, pads, fluids, coilovers, aligned proper with adjustable arms and that's about it. Rather stock really. But heaps better than a truly stock car in both sound, feel, handling capacity, and torque. I still get 28.5mpg average on corn, with 205whp and only weigh 2700lb. Now with regard to more power there are literally about 20 different FI kits out there if you want for cheap to make up to around 400whp stock block. That said I'm waiting to put a 2UR engine in it eventually but for now it's a killer daily that has proven extremely reliable after hours and hours of track use and almost 20k miles a year.

Looking forward to you stopping by! It's not the be all end all car in my mind, but it used to be a car I absolutely hated until I drove one. On paper or picture they might not do much for you, but ownership has proven different for me anyway.

Your SC looks great btw! I saw a red one driving around with the plate "92SC300" and it was MINT. I assume you probably know the owner.