Thread: The BBQ Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020   #4
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr
Re: The BBQ Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustGoFaster View Post
For doing steaks on the grill I like to take them out of the fridge and season them, salt and fresh cracked pepper, wrap in plastic. Leave them out for at least a half hour before grilling. This gives the meat chance to warm up a little, reduces cook time and if done right you can get more of the steak to a nice medium rare. (my preference)

If you like rare, probably best to take them out of the fridge, season and straight to the grill. Starting temp of the meat changes the cook time is the basic jist.
Try indirect heat cooking. Easy way to get your inside temperature you want without worrying about it.

I have a 3 burner grill. Burners 1 and 2 will be going (season dependent, in Texas heat I only need 1 burner to get it to the 400+ I like), steaks go on the 3rd burner after a bit of a sear on burner 1 if I want deep grill marks. Cook them off direct heat until the end; finish them off on the "hot side" (again if I want marks).

Consistant and easy.