View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015   #61
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Drives: '08 Chrysler 300C
Send a message via MSN to DSMINMN Send a message via Yahoo to DSMINMN Send a message via Skype™ to DSMINMN
Re: Something that blows black!...kinda'.

I got a little nudge to start on a project I have been sort of putting off for awhile. It was to the tune of oil loss and/or leak(s). lol It had gotten pretty bad. This old girl sure wasn't having it any longer. A buddy and I made a quick trip to Alexandria. About three quarters of the way home my oil pressure light would do a little flicker at me. Then the oil pressure gauge would do the same.

I took the truck straight to my dad's shop and let it sit outside. I checked the dipstick..wayyyy below the "SAFE" mark. My buddy hooked me up with a gallon and I moved it inside. The somewhat "funny" part about this whole ordeal was I had the gaskets and NEARLY everything to do the job. I just was talked out of doing it by my dad. He wanted me to wait a week. Well, the Slute didn't agree.

I started off on the 13/14th of last month.

After fighting the rad. fan myself for quite awhile my sister's boyfriend came and lent me a hand. It wasn't long and the truck was down to where we could work on it. The things I had planned to fix were as follows; Killer Dowel Pin (KDP), push rods inspection plate gasket and injection pump modification (this last one came later into the project and was pretty minimal).
DSMINMN is offline   Reply With Quote