View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014   #33
Speedfreak

Drives: four tires
Re: Wanted, garage heat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halon View Post
Momin, the guy texted me back finally, he's supposed to come over Saturday to give me a real quote.
Cool let me know how it goes. I may elect to have someone do it completely. Or maybe do the leg work and have him tie into the gas line etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
Yes, you could tap in to the gas line there. The csst was really easy.
Cool. Yeah, looks simple enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Blower View Post
I'd google it a bit. I know water lines have that extra length acting as an anti-hammer relief. Older houses have that hammering sound sometimes, this cured that. I'm not sure if it's the same for gas, but it's worth checking into. I T'd mine off the copper line in the ceiling above my hot water heater, and ran more copper line out to the garage.
Those points are the online spots I'd feel comfortable touching myself. Don't want to cut and T in anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy1375 View Post
I installed a ventless heater a couple years ago. The supply coming into my house is 2 psi. The heater will list specifications for gas pressure. IIRC, the specs for input pressure on mine mine were 5-10.5" inches of water. I had to install a regulator and put together a diy manometer to set the pressure. The heater won't work right if the pressure is wrong.
The instructions ask for a shut off valve and I think I remember a regulator. I'll make a parts list based on their instructions before I do anything.
Speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote