View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012   #276
Mark Leasure

Re: Mark's 1G Winter Projects

I sold my AEM EMS Series 1. I purchased a series 2 ems and a 4 channel wideband O2 controller with the exhaust back pressure monitor kit. Now I can monitor each cylinders AFR and tune accordingly. Awesome!

Well I’ve determined that my fuel pump is not cutting it. On my last pass where I broke 4th gear my afr’s were going lean as RPM increased, 12.6:1, the pass before that I added fuel to my tune with no results in lower AFR’s. I’m not sure what to do. The correct way would be to use a 2400hp Weldon 2345A, but they are around 1200 bucks! I don’t want to run a mechanical pump either. I like the idea of using one fuel pump, it has a lower overall current draw as well. I called magnafuel and fuelab pump manufactures and they have no larger offering to what I’m currently running. Fuel lab recommended that I use their electronic fuel pressure regulator and another pump in parallel. I’m not sure what to do, I have a lot of time to figure it out. I’m leaning toward the Weldon, I’m sending the Fuelab pump back for an inspection then I’m more than likely selling it. If anyone is interested in a huge street friendly pump PM me.
Fastest: 92 Talon AWD – 8.14 @ 171 MPH
www.maperformance.com
Mark Leasure is offline   Reply With Quote