View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017   #310
SlowWhite
Been there, done that.

Send a message via AIM to SlowWhite
Re: 1997 GSX - DD, RR, and 11's.

The car is becoming more and more track only, which is what I bought it for anyways.
I was going to hold off on buying seats till next year when I do the cage. But didn't want to miss them again.
But once they're in they won't be coming out.
The only other place I ever drive the car is to work. And it really is basically 2 left hand turns then is a 20mile drive on a back road with little to no traffic as it's out in the sticks. It's a 2 lane road with only 3 passing spots. (1 of which is uphill and already has claimed 3 lives that I know of in 9yrs I've lived here, so really only 2)
I live 16 miles from CMP. And that is a right hand out my neighborhood, and then a right hand into CMP. Again 2 lane road.

When I take the car to VIR I'll be trailering it.

So basically that's my way of saying I should be ok with these seats.

The Driven harnesses are scheduled to be available till December.

So I'll get those at that time in prep for the cage build. Which I'm pretty sure I'll be sending the car to RRT. To copy John Freund's cage.

For this year although I'm way ahead on parts it's also caused delays as a few of them are being built and I can't complete the suspension till they are ready.

So the car is looking to be down at the earliest till september unless I get lucky and build times speed up.

Although there are a ton of events I want to go to, I really only have 1 event that I'd make a priority and that's in Nov when my brother visits and I'd still run my stock seats for that event.
1992 GSX - sold
1996 GST - sold
1995 GSX - sold
Best 1/4 - 11.7 on 93oct
Best 1/4 MPH - 120mph

Last edited by SlowWhite; 07-07-2017 at 01:51 AM..
SlowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote