View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015   #57
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Drives: '08 Chrysler 300C
Send a message via MSN to DSMINMN Send a message via Yahoo to DSMINMN Send a message via Skype™ to DSMINMN
Re: Something that blows black!...kinda'.

I thought I'd put together a list of things I believe the truck needs. So as to maybe work to completing them and informing others as well. Also I want to avoid filling other threads! (;

The first thing I know it needs is a track bar. Almost all of the ball joint have ripped boots. Some don't even have any! So those are also on the list. With the new front bumper I am considering replacing the front shocks as well..just cause. Since I'll be in the general region I'd like to pop for differential cover off and inspect it. If all is good just replace the fluids with something synthetic.

If I am able I will be doing the KDP at this time as well. While doing so I will also be replacing the gasket on the tappet inspection plate/cover. I may buy a billet aluminum cover that replaces the easily bent and leaking factory one. A few other "pluses" to the billet one is it does not require a gasket and it has a breather port! Gotta' love that.

Since these things will take a little bit of time I will also look into replacing the rear diff. fluid as well as the transfer cases fluid.
DSMINMN is offline   Reply With Quote