View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010   #1
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g
Big Brown's Automagic.

So while in OK for my training as a xray tech, I was bored in my room as usual searching CL for things I shouldn't be, well I stumbled on a white '91 Talon for $200, no other info other than mileage and trans.

Well I called the lady and told her I would take it, i took a 1hr 15min drive to OKC (Oklahoma City) paid her the money and got the bill of sale on a wednesday. Note I have seen the car yet.

Saturday comes around, I make the 3.5hr trip to see the car in a small town in north OK almost on teh border of KS.

Well I was amazed it was bone stock, the underside of the car looks like its never seen a jack, it was so stock I almost cried, really I did.

1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
134k miles
Auto
White
Bone stock

The issues:
Car broke a T-belt
the strips that run along the center of the door are broken
Windshield is cracked
Needs drivers side axle.
Hatch struts don't work.

I'm not sure what other info goes in this project thread as I should of made a project thread for the panda 5 spd car that I had for the last 3 yrs I've had it.

This will be a slow project, I have a car account that is only funded by car parts for now, my priority is my house.

Goals:
Fun, comfy, reliable daily driver.
I've done it before but starting with someone elses shell I was always finding things I didn't like, this car being stock will allow me to do things the way I want.
Car will keep PS, AC, and all the comforts.
16G is the power goal, maybe 68hta/billet 16G (to us oldies, doesn't sound right renaming it completely)
I really don't care what this car does for power but if I had to throw numbers and such I would say run 11.7 again and maybe break 350 at map, i did 410 thru the 5 spd and that was in kill mode, as in kill the turbo.

I hope to build a clean DSM that shows a little bit of what I can do, what I have learned from people both on here and nationally that have helped teach me a few things in my past few years of DSMs.
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309

Last edited by turbotalon1g; 07-16-2010 at 10:06 AM.. Reason: I think we all know I will be getting something else 4G powered.
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote