View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018   #707
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51
Re: Meet GheyRay: Lower, Wider, Lighter!

Things not to do when parking at a hotel in Houston:
-run into concrete parking curb

Long story short, I misjudged how far to pull in and heard a nice CRUNCH/SCRAPE! I got out of the car and freaked out a bit...

After see that in the hotel parking lot I thought for sure the paint and splitter was ruined, cracked plastic, etc.

After doing some clean-up work and close inspection, turns out it's not so bad after all, luckily! No cracks in the plastic, just in the paint. I unbolted the splitter and adjusted it the best I could so it was flush after getting tweaked (it's held on with a combination of bolts and rivets). None of the fasteners were damaged and I didn't see any damage to the plastic splitter, again, only the cracked/scuffed paint.

Nevermind all the bugs on the bumper, after the drive to Houston and back the only cleaning I've done so far has been to the splitter. For now, I think I'm just going to leave well enough alone since it's bound to happen again with how low the car rides. Before drilling out the rivets to have it refinished I'll wait until the paint gets more damaged, starts chipping or flaking off, or gets smashed into a curb even worse.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote