View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012   #227
Mark Leasure

Re: Mark's 1G Winter Projects

I did sport compact a disservice last weekend. Showing how this really sucks to try to keep a car running when it’s an import. My first pass I had a set screw loosen up on my throttle body and when I floored the accelerator pedal to get on the two step the car went to idle…. Pass #2 rev the car up, and start slipping clutch, bam broke the freshly installed upgraded transfer case from Boostin Performance…Fuck Fuck Fuck, 1200.00 dollars down the drain, 5-10 feet. Fucking garbage, my luck sucks. I put the factory case back in that I ran at the map event and keep in mind this is my last chance at qualifying, rolled off the line free reving the car and ran a 9.7 @ 153. Got DQ’s for being too light. Car with me, passenger seat with belts weighed in at 2780 and needed to be 2850. This means that I have the car down to 2540-2550 range without me and my safety gear.
The upside is that I pulled the parachute, which is totally awesome! To prove it was a street car they do a cruise around the race track for 4 laps, super fun running down the straights at 40+ pounds of boost! My wife screamed every time I got into the boost, super funny, she is screaming on video that she was shooting of the cruise.
The car is running great, all the fueling issues are worked out now thanks to MAP helping me out with swapping out the 2150’s. Over all it was a great weekend, makes me want to run a V8 car with turbos. People running tractor T88 old school turbos, running 8’s all weekend , weighting 4000+ pounds, with 15 psi of boost was sickening.
Fastest: 92 Talon AWD – 8.14 @ 171 MPH
www.maperformance.com
Mark Leasure is offline   Reply With Quote