View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015   #124
SlowWhite
Been there, done that.

Send a message via AIM to SlowWhite
Re: 1997 GSX - DD, RR, and 11's.

So had a bit of a disheartening find over the weekend.

So I know I've been finding little things that lead me to believe my car actually started as a talon and not an eclipsr that the previous claimed.

And now im even questioning if it even started life as turbo car at all.
I had painted my sideskirtsnand front bumper a few weeks ago. And i just needed the clips to install the side skirts. So I ordered all the clips I needed to install the side skirts and they arrived last week.

Previously i had only done mock ups as I didnt have any pushpin and just put bolts in the ends to hold them in place.

Long story short driver side I found the holes drilled for the push pins dont line 100% hopefully enough do.

So for the first time I went to check the passengerside. Amd low and behold there isn't a single hole for side skirts on that side at all.

And from what I've found so far seems only the rs model came with out side skirts?

And my other bad luck I had over the weekend was my new turbo super hx40(10 track passes then wad parked owner was deployed). It came with broken studs in the exhaust housing. And although I had luck drilling them out. On one of th holes when I went to use my rethread tool it wouldn't turn either way when I was 3/4 way down, i snapped it iff in the hole trying to back it out. And so far nothing I have seems to be able to drill that out.
So I went ahead and just ordered another bep exhaust housing.
1992 GSX - sold
1996 GST - sold
1995 GSX - sold
Best 1/4 - 11.7 on 93oct
Best 1/4 MPH - 120mph

Last edited by SlowWhite; 04-06-2015 at 02:47 PM..
SlowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote