View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014   #45
DSMINMN
Mitsus for days!

Drives: '08 Chrysler 300C
Send a message via MSN to DSMINMN Send a message via Yahoo to DSMINMN Send a message via Skype™ to DSMINMN
Re: Something that blows black!...kinda'.

Well last week I went to the guy's house/shop whom is working on the truck. The transmission is FINALLY out after he has been backed up with 6-7 cars and farming on the side. The results are as follows:

He found that the inner pump bolts weren't even tight.

They were so loose the pump just kind of did it's own thing after the pressure nearly rattled the bolts out. The second thing he found was the rear or "second" band was way too tight. Both of these things where what my room mate did. He insisted on doing the torquing since we were using his torque wrench. Well guess what? What good is a torque wrench if you don't use it? Jack ass.

When it came to the rear band he had no clue what he was doing. He just reamed on the bastard. Then again, he didn't know what he was doing at all.

The final issue was an e-clip popped off of the shift lever on the valve body. This was my fault for not getting the clip all the way on. Only after taking the valve body out 5-6 times trying to solve what we all now know was someone else's f*ck up.

So the guy that has it is taking it all apart and making sure that nothing was taken out because of these issues. I'm assuming the band is junk but he hadn't gotten that far when I was there. He also said it might be awhile before he get's to it again. So I'm going on a month with it at his place and nearly 5-6 without being able to drive it any more than 6.5 miles with a half working transmission. There was and had been no offer to help as far as money goes from the kid that "helped" me.

I just think it's "hilarious" that someone can offer to help you then ignore what you tell them to do when it is your vehicle, your transmission and your new parts...all your money. Then f*ck up and essentially cost you more money and a lack of a vehicle. Then they just respond "So we both f*cked up?" when they hear that they did something major but you also missed a $0.50 e-clip. Yeah, no! It's all good. What would've taken me an hour max to fix (e-clip) ranks just as high as over tightening a band and not even touching the pump bolts. What's $5,500+ dollars?!?! As long as it's someone else's money!

That's my rant for the day.

Last edited by DSMINMN; 07-15-2014 at 08:34 PM..
DSMINMN is offline   Reply With Quote