View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011   #70
Mark Leasure

Re: Mark's 1G Winter Projects

My first 4 passes had 1.6 60 foot times. My alternator belt came off on my 4th pass in the morning, so I went and picked another belt up in Eau Claire The temperature outside was 88 degrees by the time I got back, the track was biting hard, but I never raised my 2 step to compensate so the car bogged on both launches. The last two passes went good, both over the 150 MPH mark. Still achieved a 10.006 and 10.041 with high 1.8 sixty foots. Good enough for my license, all you need to do is go faster than 135MPH or quicker 9.99. They had no issues with my car. I found 2 licensed drivers at the track, there were about 5 cars that were running faster than 9.99 so finding licensed drivers to signoff was easy.

My only issue that I have and it sucks is that I’m about 90% sure that my flywheel loosened up on the last pass, I will be removing my engine/trans this week to inspect. I will do everything I can to make it to the MAP weekend with a 100% running car. Anyone have tricks to make sure the flywheel will stay on? I used Red Locktite with ARP bolts and cleaned/degreased the crankshaft and arp bolt threads before installation.

Jim when are you going to get the EVO to the track for a shakedown pass on the new setup?
Mark Leasure is offline   Reply With Quote