Thread: House Projects
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010   #216
rose0529
Who has my man-card?

Drives: a red car
Send a message via AIM to rose0529
Re: House Projects

We started our next house project last on Monday last week (9/6/10). We are redoing the basement. Its a big project but needed to be done, and we are going all out. I don't have an old picture at work but will get one up later.

We Took down all the wood paneling, carpet and old ceiling tile (even found a couple gross mouse skeletons up there!!) Also found out there was no insulation in the basement!

This is what it looked like after demoing: excuse my high quality cell phone pics!

Then we painted all the walls with water proofing paint. And installed Foil Face foam board insulation on the outside walls:

Then last night MattD and Scheides came over and Scheides rocked out a bunch of wiring and installing some recessed lights for us (thanks again!!!). Matt and I put up most of the walls (until the cement drill bit died ). It was awesome having them help goes much faster with a more help!

Tonight we are gonna knock out some more wiring and finish up the walls. The surround sound wiring and wall plates come tomorrow so I can start getting that set up on tues night. I'll update with more progress as we go!

Last edited by Matt D.; 09-13-2010 at 01:05 PM..
rose0529 is offline   Reply With Quote