View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010   #207
slowbubblecar
Big Turbo Monster

Drives: GTS and E55
Re: House Projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotalon1g View Post
^lol. So is that what u guys do? buy and sell houses? That seems kinda cool I have a friend from prior lake that I got deployed that has been doing that since '04
We have been buying dumps, fixing them, and selling them the past few years. Sold our last project in the fall and bought 2 houses since there were soo many deals out there. Our current projects are:

Shakopee house- Bought for 38k. House is a brick house built in 1890. We gutted the whole thing (plaster and lath FTL) and are doing a few structural changes as well. Not much is left aside from the exterior walls. We will be replacing pretty much everything including all plumbing, all electrical, and all new HVAC.

Minnetonka house- Bought for 45k. It is a small house, but wasn't in too bad of shape when we got it aside from the known plumbing issue. Could have probably put less than 5k in it and been done, but decided to gut most of it anyways so just about everything will be new.

We do most of the work ourselves and in in our spare time so we don't move as fast as some do. We have done a few houses and don't owe on either projects so it is easier to put off working until the next week. We haven't been to dilligent in working the past few weeks though.

I loaded in a few before/after pics of our last project. They aren't true before and after pics as we already gutted both rooms to some extent and installed recessed lighting. You also can't see a wall between the kitchen/dining room that we tore down. The after pics weren't from when it was completely done either, but most was done aside from cleaning and a few details like trim, hang cabinet above fridge...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gutted kitchen afte recessed lighting installed.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	9836   Click image for larger version

Name:	kitchen-12-10.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	594.5 KB
ID:	9838   Click image for larger version

Name:	kitchen-dining rooms.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	9839  

Click image for larger version

Name:	living room-12-10.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	510.3 KB
ID:	9840  
Attached Images
File Type: bmp kitchen looking into living room after lighting installed.bmp (801.7 KB, 463 views)

7/25/09
Motorcycle cop pulls up next to me on UNI and says "Want to race?"
Me- "I don't think you would stand a chance."
Cop says "probably not" and drives off.

Last edited by slowbubblecar; 02-28-2010 at 10:38 PM..
slowbubblecar is offline   Reply With Quote