Thread: House Projects
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011   #309
tpunx99GSX

Tournaments Won: 3

Drives: Lancer and Durango
Send a message via ICQ to tpunx99GSX Send a message via AIM to tpunx99GSX Send a message via MSN to tpunx99GSX Send a message via Yahoo to tpunx99GSX
Re: House Projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
My garage is fairly modern, but the foundation of my house is from 1913. I have no idea when the current basement floor was cemented and the pipes under it were laid, but it was something I have been casually avoiding since we bought the place 5 years ago.
My brother had a very similar problem with his house (older house) where the roots were clogging up the main line to the city sewer. He had a plumber come out and try and drill it out, but was having all kinds of issues. So they put a camera down the hole and found that a previous plumber/homeowner, had snapped off the drilling bit in the pipe, and left it in there. So the new plumber had to get special tools (forgot exactly what had to happen to get it out) but it turned out to be a fuck of cluster.
Scientific theories are the most reliable, rigorous, and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge. This is significantly different from the common usage of the word "theory", which implies that something is a conjecture, hypothesis, or guess.
tpunx99GSX is offline   Reply With Quote