Thread: 2003 ZX6-RR
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015   #8
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr
Re: 2003 ZX6-RR

Good advise on prepping! I've thought about it and if I can't move it at the $3600 price then no deal. I would like to get something prior to the new rider day and actually mess with it at DCTC with ZARS mid August, so I am giving myself another 2 weeks to move this, then it is time for plan B.

I've thought really hard about track prepping this one. Safety wire and a belly pan is really all it NEEDS, clip ons, rear sets, etc are wants. If I do take the plunge to track prep it, I could sell the lights potentially to convert it. Last thing I would like would be some more track oriented tires as my 2CT's won't cut it. Worst part is I have drill bits and safety wire, I've been staring at them in my bedroom for 2 months. I agree that riding something hard you know is better than something new to you.

Maybe I'll start a part out thread on ZX6R to see if I can sell the lights and body plastics, then just flip this one over. Ugg decisions....