Thread: 2003 ZX6-RR
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015   #6
blesi660r

Drives: 07-gsxr 750, 93 talon tsi awd
Re: 2003 ZX6-RR

you're bike is older and you already own it so I would just track prep it, I've found its better to learn to go fast on something you already know how to ride, getting a new bike you'll have to relearn how it is set up and the quirks of it, setting up safety wire is not as hard as it sounds, and simply adding a good set of break pads to the front and having a nice set of rubber you'll be good to go, this late in the season I'd highly doubt you'll need anything crazy for tires, a set of bt003 or q3 would probably due you just fine, or talk with Brandon punt when you do cra and he'll get you pointed in the right direction, tire pressures is one of the biggest things to inspire confidence in you're ability on the track, I just ran at BIR with a set of mitchlen super sport evos front was at 24psi and rear was I think around like 16-20 psi, was my first time on a tire mostly for track use and after getting the pressures dialed holy hell did the stick like glue. If you're not already on the local forum I'd highly recommend getting setup on mnsbr and asking you're questions there, you're 600 set up correctly would definitely make a decent track toy.