View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011   #174
turbotalon1g

Drives: '91 Automagic
Send a message via AIM to turbotalon1g
Re: Big Brown's Automagic - The last episode in my DSM story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by URV8SUX View Post

Is this another 8 second 1/4 mile auto DSM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by santa View Post
Hey Nate don't be jelly :-)
Keep that shit lingo out of my thread and go build an 8 sec. auto DSM!!!

Ok, now thats sorted to the update! with pics!!

So I finally got off my ass and went outside on sunday, not saturday or friday like i was saying I would, I needed that 60F day.
I installed my fuel pump, fighting shitty phillips screws the whole way I don't see why they didn't just use hex bolts or allen head bolts.
After making a trip after work to the hardware store I found a screw, but it had to be cut down to be the correct length.

I was going to use it for the fuel pump bracket that holds the fuel pump from the bottom. I forgot about this:

The grounding point for the pump in the assembly as you can tell it was fun trying to unscrew that, but now I'm short a screw!

Well almost, so that civic I just got I pulled the stereo out of and these were the screws holding the stereo in. They are the perfect pitch and length, plus they are a hex/phillips head so it should make for easy R&R.
Turns out I have about 4-5 of these! Oh well I learned that I need to dig thru my drawer of hardware before i make trips out and waste money, well kinda just more stuff for the hardware drawer.

So I did the most awesome install on the fuel pump, it included the stock sleeve over the power wire and the grommet covering the positive stud in the fuel pump assembly. I was really quite proud of myself considering I haven't done one in years and it was really clean.

That picture was to show how awesome I am at remembering the camera.
Yes I did not get one single pic of the pump installed in the unit and out of the car so we could see it.
On that note, I want to say I appreciate the interest in this thread I thoroughly enjoy reading about other peoples projects and I'm not really the person that likes this attention stuff, but between wanting to keep a record for myself and you all that I consider friends chiming in, it makes me want to keep going and do an even better job keeping a log on this.
Please leave feedback - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/itrader.php?u=58309
turbotalon1g is offline   Reply With Quote