View Single Post
Old 11-24-2003   #7
TheBlizzard

Drives: Too Many
Send a message via AIM to TheBlizzard Send a message via MSN to TheBlizzard
The only way you can blow back into the intake with the HKS is to buy that extra adapter kit for it. If you do that you might as well just get a Greddy or something which you can just hook a hose to it.

I am using the same BOV on my car and when I switched from the stock 1G to that HKS I noticed a difference on how it held boost. I think that the 1G I had was leaking or something because my boost would go to 16-17lbs and then fall off to 14-15lbs. Now it stays right at 17lbs and doesn't move until it runs out of breath (god bless that little T25s soul).

Venting it on an auto will not have the same ill affects as it does on a manual. Granted it probably is best to blow back. But I don't think running rich inbetween shifts is a problem with an auto. I say if you can vent it and not run like shit who cares, it can't be that much of a disadvantage, Nash vents his and has the fastest/quickest car with a 20G.

I wouldn't say they are a waste of money though. It does serve a purpose and it is a really good design of a BOV. The pull type design it has is not going to leak at all where some others will a little. Granted it is loud as hell and if you do buy it just for the noise then you are wasting your money. It sure scares the hell out of pedestrians though..... :woowoo: :woowoo: :jammin:

Who cares anyway, its fucking winter and I am driving a 1995 Hyundai Accent now.
TheBlizzard is offline   Reply With Quote