View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015   #47
Enes

Send a message via ICQ to Enes Send a message via AIM to Enes Send a message via MSN to Enes Send a message via Yahoo to Enes
Re: Wanted, garage heat!

Yeah, the way the gas pressure works is more on the volume as gas expands. so you need a larger line to supply enough expanded gas to your appliances.

Previous line was 1/2, the tankless water heater requires 3/4 line to have enough gas to run properly. Incoming water temp is about 45 during winter and about 55 during summer, but to raise that extra 10 degrees requires more gas. So during winter if furnace kicks in the Tankless shuts off due to lack of gas to run properly IF i'm taking a shower, it starts pouring cold instead of hot.

Temperature control with tankless is a bit off, its either too hot or cold, but that's primarily because of the drop in pressure in the house while others are using cold or hot water. IF i could have 1" cold water pipes all the way to the tankless and to supply for the rest of the house cold water splits there would be NO issues. But because city doesn't allow 1" lines into residential housing i'm stuck with 3/4 inch and you have loss of volume/pressure and that slight difference can cause temperature fluctuations.

It is good tho, i love the tankless, my electric bills went from $190 - $220, down to $100ish . my previous water heater was electric. i didn't want to throw out perfectly good water heater so when i had an opportunity to get rid of it and put in tankless I took it, that was 2 years ago. lol laziness kicked in and was easier to turn off furnace while taking shower for last 2 years! hehe