Thread: Clutch Question
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008   #1
Hippofish

Send a message via AIM to Hippofish
Clutch Question

I have a 1995 Eagle Talon ESI. I put the car in storage last November and when I pulled it out a week ago the clutch pedal has no resistance. I press it to the floor and I can start the car, but it won't go into gear and it has NO RESISTANCE at all. It just springs back up when you let it go.

At first I thought it was just the pin under the pedal disconnected or broken cause it literally has no mechanical feel to it at all. It doesn't seem to be moving anything anywhere. I am not a mechanic AT ALL, so this is all very strange to me. I looked under the car where it was in storage and there was no brake fluid that had leaked out or anything so I don't think there is a leak in a line or anything.

However I don't think that could be it though, the pedal travels up and down WAY to easily. It literally feels like something might be disconnected someplace cause it has no resistance at all. Is there another pin or bolt someplace besides the one directly connected to the pedal that could have come loose or broken off.

What I don't get is that when I pulled it into storage it worked just fine, but when I went to start it this year there was nothing there.

Any ideas? I don't want to take this thing in, cause it's a pain in the ass to have a flat bed come out and get my car and bring it in for service.

Thanks

The Fish

1995 Eagle Talon ESI, Borla Exhaust, DC Sports Headers 4 to 1, JET Computer, 5 Speed, CAI, Ractive Tower Strut Bar, Goodyear HP Tires...
Hippofish is offline   Reply With Quote