View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011   #8
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr
Re: Tuning for higher base fuel pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrenolds5 View Post
Sounds like you need bigger injectors, if you have a 1g the base fuel pressure for e85 is 37psi, adding more fuel will really do nothing since your injectors are maxed. I might waste more fuel if anything.
Raising the baseline fuel pressure increases the size of the injector, assuming the fuel pump volume is adequate and the injector spray pattern is sufficient. I've been using that trick for 10 years now when the injectors are correctly sized, just the idc's are higher than I'd like, and I have enough fuel pump volume to compensate for the increased fuel pressure. Typically when your baselines get over 50psi and you are running more than 20psi, you really see diminishing gains.

Factory fuel pressure is 36-38psi, most I've seen are around 36psi, but anyone running E85, larger injectors, and a stock fuel pressure regulator, is an idiot. This is because the stock regulator is hardly adequate to control a basic drop in fuel pump, let alone a hardwired Walbro 255hp or anything larger.

Most injectors flow (as well as fuel pumps) advertised levels at 43psi fuel pressure, unless noted elsewhere.

Last edited by niterydr; 07-28-2011 at 10:44 PM..
niterydr is offline   Reply With Quote