Thread: The Gun Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018   #829
dogwhistle

Drives: Life's too short to drive boring cars.
Re: The Gun Thread

Well the first suppressors I handled were a buddy of mine who did a legal trust and have around 7 of them now. When I got the one in waiting, I did it on a single person filing, by purchasing the suppressor through the manufacture. They shipped it to Bills GS via their FFL information in the database. I had to pay for that form 3 transfer at Bills which was $75. Then the ATF Form 4, Bills helped me prep most of it, then sent it in with a check for the theft I mean tax, then it'll get approved in 6-8 months time.

I better way to go if you have money, is to buy a nicer can through silencershop:
https://blog.silencershop.com/f4-bar...proved-by-atf/
as they have a faster method of approval, and many rebates that will cover your tax stamp.

My 20" AR was actually louder depending on the muzzle device, but the Factory 805 comp is still noisy for sure. I usually shoot XM855 62gr or PPU 75gr match grade. This barrel is 1:7, so the match grade might stay at bay since it won't be as worth the cost. The 20" AR was 1:8 so I might reinventory to PPU Match 69gr.