View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017   #898
Mark Leasure

Re: Mark's 1G Winter Projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark2g View Post
I am excited to see how this turns out! Probably felt good to cut the cage out if u didn't like how it fit and having some nice consistent welds will give you some peace of mind for sure. You really are tackling a huge project here this winter with all this. What are your plans on motor and turbo, I believe u have a 2.2 long rod right? Who makes all the carbon Kevlar parts?
Thanks for the comments. Yeah its a huge project, I think the biggest one I've taken on over the winter.

I'm excited to build the cage the way I want. I purchased a much better tubing notcher, from rouge fabrication, this will help the tube fitment consistancy. Its a large shopping list of 4130 tubing!

I sold my pte7675 Gen 2 turbo and bought a pte 7685 Gen2. I'm running a 2.2 long rod now, I'm moving to a 2.0 long rod for more RPM, with a copper head gasket. The added rpm in 1st and 2nd gear will help bring down my short track time. I'll be able to run more boost, resulting in more mph & beter e.t. I'm stil going to run e98 this season too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gtpeater View Post
Can you post the time slip from the 8.80 run? 7s would be awesome. You have the trap speed for sure for a 7 second pass.
I'll dig it up and get a photo posted.
Fastest: 92 Talon AWD – 8.14 @ 171 MPH
www.maperformance.com
Mark Leasure is offline   Reply With Quote