View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008   #13
Andrew7dg
Built it from scratch!

Drives: Currently Mitsu-less
Re: So I want to paint my valve cover...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean2g View Post
I want to paint my valve cover as well, but do you have to sand the valve cover before you paint if it still has the same finish that came from the factory? It's got that weird texture on it.
I paint stripped mine. After I did, I noticed that the factory paint (which was pretty thick) covered up a lot of flaws. I just took some sandpaper and sanded the imperfections down a bit. Wasn't that big of deal. I don't know what I used for sandpaper. All I know is finish with a fine grade sand so when you paint over it, the sanding marks will be covered up. I don't think I even spent that much time sanding it down...

Paint strip it and see what you have

For the fun of it I have collected almost every valve cover that can go onto this engine. they are on my wall. I might just repaint them all for the fun of it... however maybe I don't have that much time on my hands

Mitsubishi valve cover
hyundai valve
anything else?

I want to find another one and sand the letters down to smooth it out. How hard is that? someone chime in who has experience!